OLD OUT OF DATE 2/19/2013 Beta code Rev 1333

Started by Halfcrazy, February 19, 2013, 05:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

OLD OUT OF DATE

MidNite Solar Beta Revision 1333
Beta Released 2-19-2013
Windows firmware GUI http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_2-19-2013_v3.63.exe
RELEASE NOTES:

If you are using Classic Lites with serial numbers lower than 5435 with Classics for "Follow Me" you will need to leave the MNLP (LED display) Unplugged. You can contact us at customer service for a replacement MNLP.

Revision 1333, Released 2-19-2013 Includes:

Data Logging entries are now correctly date stamped and in the right order. There may be a few odd entries in the past still.

If you are updating from anything earlier than the 12-11-12 Rev 1181 code it would be a good idea to do a "Factory Restore" or a "Quick Start" after updating to this code revision by first turning the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the first "Solar, Wind or Hydro" screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic.

Note: I changed the link to v3.63. Hope that is correct.... Tom
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

This Classic code with the Beta Local App found here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31975941/LocalStatusPanel.v0.3.13.air will give you offline data in the correct order and date stamped. Please keep an eye on the data going forward and report any anomalies you find here.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dbcollen

firmware link says file not found for me

Resthome

John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Lya72

Hi,

Too late in the day for me, Will have to wait until Friday's night before I can install it.

Hoping that's an improving version.

Yann

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

I updated to 1333 from 1181 this morning.

I updated Local Status Panel to 3.15 from 3.13 as well. Adobe AIR updated also.

Wasn't displaying some values in LocalApp, I did a VMM, now it's working OK, or so I thought: I forgot I'd reverted to 3.13 in the mean time. I went back to 3.15 and it didn't work.

Total Amp Hours is now showing -27,702 instead of 495,000 (or what ever it was: 429,493,943.7). Not recording anything though. That hasn't been recording for while, if ever.

I too am having problems with disconnections when browsing "Live Data". Still the same with this update. I'll post my details in the other thread soon.

dRdoS7

An Update:

With 3.15 Local Panel isn't displaying or recording (shows "0") on these:
Battery Current,kWh,Watts,Input Current

Input voltage was 124.3 then showed 16.3 after update. Fri Feb 22 2013_Sat Feb 23 2013-editted.csv

I went back to 3.13 and it was OK.

I suppose I should have posted in BETA LOCAL APP ver 0.3.15http://midnitesolar.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=1052.0.

Initially I thought the problem was FW.

boB

Quote from: dRdoS7 on February 21, 2013, 10:54:11 PM

Total Amp Hours is now showing -27,702 instead of 495,000 (or what ever it was: 429,493,943.7). Not recording anything though. That hasn't been recording for while, if ever.

There may be a difference in the way the newer LA displays total Amp-Hours and may also fix
some A-Hr issues but if the Classic started out with that large value, due to an earlier bug in
the Classic code, the large value will have to be cleared before the total A-H will start to accumulate correctly.
i.e. The Amp-Hours may be maxed out at this point.

There is a thread that tells how to clear that via USB, (we'll add a way to do that with the MNGP later),
but I suggest to wait until we see if there is confirmation that it isn't the Local App first before
going that route.

Thanks,
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

I just noticed "Diversion Low" now works correctly on Aux2: the LED comes on when the volts drop below the setpoint.

dRdoS7.

boB

Quote from: dRdoS7 on February 22, 2013, 02:41:34 AM
Hi,

I just noticed "Diversion Low" now works correctly on Aux2: the LED comes on when the volts drop below the setpoint.

dRdoS7.

Thanks for the report !

So, is DR dos 7 your operating system that you use ?  I remember that one.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dRdoS7

Hi,

Quote from: boB on February 22, 2013, 03:15:41 AM
So, is DR dos 7 your operating system that you use ?  I remember that one.

boB

Not since 1980s!

I still have it on 5 3/4" floppies though, just in case.

dRdoS7.