OLD REPLACED BETA Classic Code 2/22/2013 Rev 1339

Started by Halfcrazy, February 22, 2013, 03:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

OLD REPLACED

MidNite Solar Beta Revision 1339
Beta Released 2-22-2013
Windows firmware GUI  http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_2-22-2013_v3.68.exe
RELEASE NOTES:

If you are using Classic Lites with serial numbers lower than 5435 with Classics for "Follow Me" you will need to leave the MNLP (LED display) Unplugged. You can contact us at customer service for a replacement MNLP.

Revision 1339, Released 2-22-2013 Includes:

*Fixed Double data entries for a single day
*Fixed DHCP
*Fixed the Bug where the IP address was not saved when written from the Local App

If you are updating from anything earlier than the 12-11-12 Rev 1181 code it would be a good idea to do a "Factory Restore" or a "Quick Start" after updating to this code revision by first turning the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the first "Solar, Wind or Hydro" screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic.

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Vern Faulkner

Does this include new MNGP code? I updated both, but when I restarted the machine (150), the MNGP read out the old 2012 MNGP date (1181?) ... I'm pushing an MNGP update again, just in case something went FUBAR.

Halfcrazy

yes the old MNGP code is still valid it will be MNGP REV 1042 12/11/2013

Ryan

Vern Faulkner

Quote from: Halfcrazy on February 22, 2013, 05:21:10 PM
yes the old MNGP code is still valid it will be MNGP REV 1042 12/11/2013

Ryan

Yeah, that's what I have... 1042 ... 12/11/2012

Halfcrazy

Vern Faulkner

Vern Faulkner

Watching the charge coming in today, the end amps isn't going to float properly.

I have EA set to 4.7A. I watched the display for about three-five minutes. On three separate occasions, the outgoing amps were ranging from 3.5-4.2, and after the (approx) 90 seconds, the display came up with the message "unused address 255."

I plopped the 150 into a manual equalize setting for a minute or two, then turned the EQ off. This time, it sat in absorb for 90 minutes and dropped into float, but then, when/as I hit a button to go, again, to manual EQ, the same message popped up.

Can't replicate now, since the voltage is high enough to trigger float pronto.

Let me know what I can to do help...

boB

Quote from: Vern Faulkner on February 23, 2013, 11:29:41 AM
the display came up with the message "unused address 255."

Sounds kind of like it is set to address 255 instead of, like, address 10

You can put it back to 10 by holding down the left-arrow key and tapping the UP key until it says 10.
If 10 is the real Classic address, then the display will come up with values other than zeros.

To make the MNGP and Classic go and stay on another address, when you get to an address,
hold down the LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys until the display says that the address has been
changed to that address.

Address 255 is an address that talks to the Classic not matter what that Classic is
actually set to.   I guess if it's basically working on 255 though, that there isn't
really a need to change it so you might want to disregard all this.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarVet

Any Clue when there will be a fix on the " Total Amp Hrs " . When logged into the Software from you computer it was off my 1 decimal point...Instead of having 2480 ah I have 248.0

boB

Quote from: SolarVet on February 25, 2013, 12:14:40 AM
Any Clue when there will be a fix on the " Total Amp Hrs " . When logged into the Software from you computer it was off my 1 decimal point...Instead of having 2480 ah I have 248.0

Uh Oh !   Did that one get missed in this latest beta or Local App ?

Will check into this one, pronto.  OK, tomorrow (Monday) at least.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Quote from: SolarVet on February 25, 2013, 12:14:40 AM

Can you be more specific? The Classic does not show total amp hours so I am not sure what you are seeing here? Is it the daily AH?

Ryan

Lya72

Hi Bob and Ryan,

In the LocalApp, there is the Data/Reports Screen that shows LifeTime Amps hours. Maybe, it's this screen.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Resthome

Quote from: Lya72 on February 25, 2013, 01:19:45 PM
Hi Bob and Ryan,

In the LocalApp, there is the Data/Reports Screen that shows LifeTime Amps hours. Maybe, it's this screen.

Yann
Yep that is the one that was off by a decimal point. But it's been fixed with the latest 3.17 of the Local App.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

SolarVet

Well it would nice if it would update to 3.17..Mine keeps saying 3.10 and no update available.

Halfcrazy

0.3.17 is BETA not production. The Production App will Never Auto update to BETA. If you want to run the BETA version you need to manually install it from the link above. We do this so the normal user who does not want to help find and fix bugs will not be drug through the process. This is actually very common in the firmware industry.

Sorry for the confusion
Ryan