OUT OF DATE. Now in production BETA Classic code version 3-1-13 Rev 1341

Started by Halfcrazy, March 01, 2013, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

MidNite Solar Beta Revision 1341
Beta Released 3-1-2013
Windows firmware GUI  http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_3-1-2013_v3.69.exe
RELEASE NOTES:

If you are using Classic Lites with serial numbers lower than 5435 with Classics for "Follow Me" you will need to leave the MNLP (LED display) Unplugged. You can contact us at customer service for a replacement MNLP.

Revision 1341, Released 3-1-2013 Includes:
A bug fix for the no new day problem
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Westbranch

No ERRORS or Magic Smoke??

Is this a go then???
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

So far it has been logging a new day every day for me and no doubles so keeping my fingers crossed

Ryan

Vern Faulkner

Looked like it solved the "new day" issue, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Still getting the "invalid address 255" here and there, but again, not worrying too much about it.

boB

Quote from: Vern Faulkner on March 05, 2013, 07:59:39 PM
Looked like it solved the "new day" issue, but we'll keep an eye on it.

Still getting the "invalid address 255" here and there, but again, not worrying too much about it.

address 255 is a catch all address that talks to a classic with its address set to la la land...

I would try changing the address back to 10.  To do that, hold down the LEFT-Arrow key
and then tap the UP arrow key until it gets to 10.  Then, hold down the LEFT-Arrow
key AND the RIGHT-arrow key until the display says  "Address is now 10"

This should minimize those messages.  (I think)

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Lya72

Hi all,

Some news about this firmware Beta release, installed the night before going in holidays :

After a week and a computer running on his own beetween 07:00Am and 08:00Pm, the night reset was OK.

For those who wants to do the same thing, the LocalApp registers daily Logs even with the dialogbox saying that the connection was closed, from the latest computer sleeping state.

I will analyse all this week of datas in the following days.

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

atop8918

Yeah, the daily logs come out of the Classic itself, not the app so you don't have to run the app constantly if you just want the daily logs.

TomW

I had the follow me working before this firmware update..

I have been distracted with other things so did not catch this till today.

SOLAR Classic:

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1341
- Network Rev: 1122

WIND Classic:

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1181
- Network Rev: 1122

I noticed my "WIND" Classic with an older firmware in follow me was not following the "SOLAR" when it went into absorb.

Checked the "WIND" Classic and sure enough it is enabled.

Checked the "SOLAR" Classic and there is not even a menu option to enable follow me?

When I go into Tweaks and press more 4 times I get the arc fault time and sensitivity menu NOT the followme bts-net and passw menu like it did when I set it up awhile back. I even went through it slow and cannot find the follow me menu option?

So is there something I did wrong, a glitch or have others seen this? Or did it get moved?

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom
it sounds like the MNGP still has older code in it. From the MNGP press the Status button till ya see a connected to Classic 150 and there will be a date for the MNGP. Also Absorb and Bulk are sorta the same category so Follow-ME does not force the second controller to Absorb just Float etc

Ryan

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 26, 2013, 03:42:18 PM
Tom
it sounds like the MNGP still has older code in it. From the MNGP press the Status button till ya see a connected to Classic 150 and there will be a date for the MNGP. Also Absorb and Bulk are sorta the same category so Follow-ME does not force the second controller to Absorb just Float etc

Ryan

Ryan;

OK, misunderstood what should be happening. I initiated an EQ on the SOLAR Classic and the WIND Classic followed The SOLAR Classic!

I thought I had the latest MNGP firmware?

It shows:

1056 06/29/2012

Not sure which is the most current?

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Tom current MNGP code is 12/11/2012.

Ryan

ClassicCrazy

Is this Beta 1341 exactly the same as is now posted on the Midnite Solar firmware page ? If so I won't bother going to the trouble of loading that up.

Thanks,
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Halfcrazy