Main Menu

What is it?

Started by onanparts, March 12, 2013, 04:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph day

Rear window defrost controller

onanparts

Quote from: mike90045 on July 09, 2020, 01:27:00 AM
#3 is a switch and resistor.  Which makes me think dash light dimmer, but that would be tied to headlights, not it's own switch.   So maybe a intermittent windshield wiper controller? 

#1 & 2 make me think of a reverb spring, so maybe it's a audio gadget.  I don't know how many cars had reverb units in them.

So for nothing better, I'll go Reverb.

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Audio Reverb unit out of a 1965 Plymouth Satellite I owned in the late 70's early 80's. It actually worked fairly well as I recall. Plymouth long gone but I removed the reverb and kept it for hysterical insignificance. :)

I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

mike90045

I'd have thought that road vibration would have really messed up the reverb effect, but i guess if you are parked it's OK.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

onanparts

Quote from: mike90045 on July 09, 2020, 02:24:46 PM
I'd have thought that road vibration would have really messed up the reverb effect, but i guess if you are parked it's OK.

Nope. Worked great on the road. The 4 small mounting springs and the foam blocks dampened anything but the nastiest bumps. Even those I don't remember being an issue.

boB

Reverb did actually cross my mind from one of the pictures cuz it looked kind of like a reverb tank in there.  I guess it was !

But what threw me was, 1) the switch.  Why such a big switch to turn on and off a reverb and 2) the TO-3 transistor.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: boB on July 10, 2020, 01:20:31 AM
Reverb did actually cross my mind from one of the pictures cuz it looked kind of like a reverb tank in there.  I guess it was !

But what threw me was, 1) the switch.  Why such a big switch to turn on and off a reverb and 2) the TO-3 transistor.

2N176, very common in large strings of Christmas tree lights. 90 Watts maximum collector power dissipation. Nice for BIG trees....:)

onanparts

And we are back! Here ya go......clue? It's reel interesting...:) BIG image so ya can zoom in...and a small one too.

boB

Quote from: onanparts on May 23, 2021, 10:00:26 PM
And we are back! Here ya go......clue? It's reel interesting...:) BIG image so ya can zoom in...and a small one too.

Data recorder guts ?
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

onanparts

Quote from: boB on May 24, 2021, 12:05:27 AM
Quote from: onanparts on May 23, 2021, 10:00:26 PM

Data recorder guts ?

Awwwwww....boB.........No! :)

ralph day

Control module for an early reel type mower used for cutting high end golf courses?  You said reel interesting.

onanparts

You're on the right track! But no mowing involved....:)

Doug

A really old tape drive backup?

onanparts

Quote from: Doug on May 26, 2021, 02:52:36 PM
A really old tape drive backup?

Getting warmer! But it has a floppy drive, USB ports and optical drive.....

onanparts

This might spill the beans but I know a closer look at one of the boards is what ya want...:)

boB

I was going to say this earlier but is it the insides of one of our SMT machines ?

That's what I was thinking at first but couldn't get past the "reel" part.  But SMT machines do have reels of parts.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me