Disappearing lite

Started by toothy, March 26, 2013, 03:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toothy

Hello

I did a firmware, 1341 and 1122, update on my Classic 200 and my Classic lite 200, they are operating as follow me. I did a VMM on each by switching the MNGP back and forth. Now I can't find the lite on the MNGP.

Previously #10 was solar and # 12 was wind. Now #10 is wind and I can't find the lite with the solar. I've looked from #1 to about #35, I also went back further and saw "ALL" and some really high #'s 255 or something.

The lite is working and I can view and modify it from the local app. Can I somehow find it and maybe modify it's name and # to like 10 for one and 11 for the other?

Just curious why not use #1 and 2?

Thanks
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

the VMM resets the Classic to address 10. Plug the MNGP into the Lite and hold the left arrow and tap the up arrow to get to unused address 11. Now press and hold the left and right arrow at the same time until is says address is 11.

Now from the standard Classic you can scroll between the Classic and the Lite

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 26, 2013, 09:39:16 AM

Now from the standard Classic you can scroll between the Classic and the Lite

Ryan

Ryan;

I always wondered if you can view other Classics on the phone follow me net that have MNGP in them or does that only apply to lites. Be handy for widely separated Classics.

Thanks.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Yes this can be done. You can cable it with phone cables but not enable Follow_ME the Addressing of Classics is a separate function.

Ryan

toothy

Thanks Ryan

So any time I need to do some re-naming all I do is a VMM and start from scratch 8).

Thanks again
Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

Um? No you should never need to do a VMM unless there is a major firmware release. To Re Name the Classic simply change its name in the local App

Ryan

toothy

Sorry Ryan

I guess I should have said re-numbering. Before the firmware update I had the same controller listed as #10 and #11 and couldn't figure out how to get it back to being only one #.

Thanks
Wade