BETA Classic code version 4-8-13 Rev 1370

Started by Halfcrazy, April 08, 2013, 04:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

MidNite Solar Beta Revision 1370
Beta Released 4-8-2013
Windows firmware GUI   http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarSetup_4-8-2013_v3.70.exe

Release Notes:
If you are using Classic Lites with serial numbers lower than 5435 with Classics for "Follow Me" you will need to leave the MNLP (LED display) Unplugged. You can contact us at customer service for a replacement MNLP.

Revision 1370, Released 4-8-2013 Includes:
*Logs can now be cleared. (When in the first Log Menu hit Enter, this will bring you to the menu to pick what you want to clear)
*Fixed issue where rebooting the Classic made it revert back to address 10
*Fixed a quirk in Solar tracking (Related to getting stuck at battery voltage)
*Added a 2 second hold time to Aux1 Float mode
*Changed Follow me to On/Off (systems with 20 or more classics may require a modbus register tweak)
*Made Follow Me turn LED1 mode on automatically (Can be defeated)
*Changed BTS Follow to be Master / Slave and fixed the cold temp bug
*Fixed an error that improperly translated large LifeTime KWH numbers to a bogus very large number
*Adds some new code to better enable web access for My Midnite.

PS anyone that installs this and has there Classic hooked to the internet please Enable "Web Access" in the Net menu and PM me your Device ID. Also found in the Net Menu. We are really a couple weeks away from having you guys sign up and start helping us kick the tires of My MidNite.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Not loaded this release yet but does it include the Aux input to force float that boB did a few weeks ago?

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

boB

Quote from: dgd on April 08, 2013, 07:22:31 PM
Not loaded this release yet but does it include the Aux input to force float that boB did a few weeks ago?

Dgd

Well, I did actually put that feature into Classic Aux 2 BUT I forgot to change the MNGP to go up to
that function.  I will see if I can fix that.  If so, there will be another MNGP release for
the "real" thing.  You "can" actually get this force float input to work DGD but it requires
standing on one foot and touching your nose with your other foot kind of thing.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

thanks boB
I'll wait on the MNGP updated code.
Although the foot to nose contortion shouldn't be too difficult for me as I often have foot in mouth.. :P

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

SolarMusher

Hi all,
I have updated to 4-8-13 beta this morning and the connection to loc app is dropping a lot.
Never noticed that issue with past FWs.
Do you think a VMM could help?
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Halfcrazy

It should not need it but would not hurt anything. I wonder if it is related to the fact it is calling in to MyMidnite as well? So far I have not seen any out of the ordinary issues.

Ryan

SolarMusher

QuoteI wonder if it is related to the fact it is calling in to MyMidnite as well?
Yeah, I think so, when loc app was disonnecting, it was also showing "Device Not Avalaible".
But, it seems to be more stable now, I will have to check it with web disable.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

TomW

I just noticed that when I restarted it this morning the Classic on my turbine got stuck in a loop:

Resting>>Wait XX >>Got Comm? repeating indefinitely.

I had to disable Follow Me to get it to work as it should and load the turbine and make power.

Classic Rev: 1370 04/08/2013
MNGP : 1370 04/08/2013

Installed fresh firmware yesterday.

I have also had some dropping issues with the Local Application Version 0.3.22 but that has been an issue for me forever. Not sure but I think it may be the old Adobe AIR on Ubuntu I use so I haven't made a big deal of it.

No big deal right now here but at some point I will need the Follow Me to function.

Just FYI.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

SolarMusher

Hey Tom,
It was Andrew who was playing with your Classic  ;D ;D ;D
Erik

boB

I do not think a VMM will help any of the network problems.

I have been surprised before though !  Many times !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarVet

I have noticed with the newest firmware " Not This Beta firmware ". My power output will get stuck in the 700-800 watt range. But once I use the app and Turn off Solar and turn it back on...It starts cranking out above that .

NUMNUM

hi ryan i dont get clearing the log data .i went to logs then pushed enter.i see nothing new hear most likely me.       rev 1370

Halfcrazy

Did you update the Classic and the MNGP? Go to the status button and push it 3 or 4 times till you get to one with the 2 dates on it. What are those dates?

Ryan

NUMNUM

Ryan date are[ 1042:12/11/2012 mngp]-[1370:04/08/2013 clasic ] i updated mngp last rev. and rick mode was on. im new to all this im trying to come up to speed .thanks

Halfcrazy

Yes thats the problem the MNGP needs to be updated for the Clear logs function to work

Ryan