BETA Classic code version 4-8-13 Rev 1370

Started by Halfcrazy, April 08, 2013, 04:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarVet

It would be nice to be able to see the Input Amps on the App.

ClassicCrazy

Got it all updated and so far all is well. I think this is the first time after updating I haven't had to reset the clock from 2000 . But I didn't do the VMM .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on April 20, 2013, 12:11:35 PM
Got it all updated and so far all is well. I think this is the first time after updating I haven't had to reset the clock from 2000 . But I didn't do the VMM .

Yippeee !!  Great !

VMM should not change the clock settings though.

Hope it all works OK for you !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

SolarVet

Is the Beta Firmware is the latest firmware that helps with the Logging for the web based stuff. Or can the newest firmware do it also. I updated today because of Solar tracking issues, Because it seemed to lock on at 7-800 watts and go past that without turning Solar mode off and on. Just wondered because If so I ready to start helping also. And wondered what Info Halfcrazy needed.

crunnells

I just tried updating my firmware and I keep getting an error during setup. I've already updated the firmware once (back in January), so the USB drivers are in place, the Classic is set to COM8, the cable is good, etc.

But with this beta version when the DOS window comes up to update the 150, it detects COM8, then shows 0%, then says the cable is bad, check and try again.

So I got another cable that I know is good, and tried again with no luck. Then I tried with my wife's laptop, and same story. Please advise.

dgd

You have probably done this but just in case...
Make sure the Classic is power off when you start the download program on your laptop.
It will tell you to connect cable then power on the Classic
Download should start at 0% and go up...
Wait until  the download black box closes even though it says download completed successfully.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

crunnells

Yeah, I tried a few different methods when trying to upgrade. Unplugged the USB, then plugged it back in with the Classic on; plugged USB in with the Classic off, then turned it on. Did both of these methods with the upgrader off and on. No dice.

I had more trouble on my wife's laptop (but that's because she has dodgy USB ports in her Dell), but my laptop doesn't have trouble seeing the Classic when I check the device manager.

Westbranch

there was a note from boB a while back that some older Classics were sent out with very "LONG" cables , they now use a short one of about 3 feet, just thinking...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

ClassicCrazy

All the updates I did have gone fine except the last one for the mymidnite reporting issue said it couldn't find com 8. I had to mess around a bit - found com 8 error in device manager , then uninstalled driver and also unistalled update. Then plugged it in and reinstalled drivers. Firmware update finally went when I turned classic back on next time.

So not sure if that is your problem but worth a try.

Quote from: crunnells on June 11, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Yeah, I tried a few different methods when trying to upgrade. Unplugged the USB, then plugged it back in with the Classic on; plugged USB in with the Classic off, then turned it on. Did both of these methods with the upgrader off and on. No dice.

I had more trouble on my wife's laptop (but that's because she has dodgy USB ports in her Dell), but my laptop doesn't have trouble seeing the Classic when I check the device manager.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

crunnells

Thanks Westbranch; I think the cable I have is ~3', and it worked 4 months ago (last time I did an update), so I don't think that could be it. But I'm thinking just to be thorough I'll try another shorter cable to eliminate interference as a possibility. Lastly, I'll try my brother-in-law's laptop and see if it works. I'll let you know how it goes.

dgd

I just firmware updated a Classic.
Again just in case your procedure was different the Exact procedure I used was:
Power down the Classic,  connect the USB cable to Classic and laptop.
Start the software on the laptop
When it get to black download window it prompts to turn power on to Classic
Power on Classic and download proceeds
When 100% it says download completed successfully
After about 30 to 60 seconds the black window disappears
Power down Classic
Power up Classic and it will be running new firmware.
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand