News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Forum Server move

Started by Halfcrazy, April 23, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

We are going to be moving the forum to a new server. I am currently backing up all the files now and verifying they are good. I only point this out as I want to save anyone from posting lots of pictures from now forward as they may not get backed up. I will do a final backup as close to the move as I can and I will also try to let everyone know when the move will happen. Thank you for your patience during this transition.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Ok we are officially all moved so please let me know if anything looks out of place.

Thank you for the patience.

Ryan

TomW

Ryan;

Not sure how I missed the original post but it looks good from here.

Folks will have to change their bookmarks but otherwise it seems to have worked well.

Good job.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

Hi Ryan,

Good moove for the forum.

Just two things for me :

1) in the header of midnitesolar website, you have to update the forum link to the new URL.

2) Yesterday, in the morning, I posted a PM to you, on the old forum, about mymidnite. Do I have to redo it ?

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

dgd

Ryan,

yes that link update is really needed. I notice almost no guest logins as they do not get redirected to the new site.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

niel

ryan,
what i didn't like about the old forum was that when there were multiple posts in a thread category and you hit the back arrow to go back one page it showed that there weren't any more posts to read. this one does show there are still unread posts as i've overlooked new posts in the past due to this. the new one will always show unread posts in the thread category until you have opened each and every one of them.

dgd,
hmm, i hadn't thought of that, but it makes perfect sense that many guests did not read ryan's note on the change as they are here too infrequently. maybe the spam didn't read the changes too, but i'm sure the spam will catch up just as the lost guests will too.

Halfcrazy

Ok so I have added a redirect so the old URL still works. Let me know if you see any funny business there?

Ryan

niel

just an fyi and i don't know if it was fine before, but the backpage still does fine, but i found that hitting home will not show there are more threads to read when they are there as i did just try it.

Halfcrazy

So does it erase the new posts in that category or the complete forum?

I am really now just starting to dig deep into SMF and it is pretty easy to manipulate, I was reluctant before as I feared I would break something but now that I have moved it to its new server and understand how it all works I am much less afraid to mess anything up.

I will be adding some new logos next week once Rob gets them to me.

Ryan

niel

the new posts will still have an indicator that they are new in the threads, but the thread category does not indicate there are threads with new posts in them. you can try this for yourself when you enter a thread category and see more than 1 thread with new postings in them as indicated by the midnite moons. you can read one and that moon will disappear as it should leaving the unread thread still with its moon. if you hit home you will not see the moon there in that thread category indicating that there are unread posts even though you did not read the other thread with a moon on it. if you enter the thread category you will still see the thread as being unread with a moon being present. the previous forum erased the indicators not only on the thread category, but also the unread threads themselves upon hitting home exiting a thread category. the threads are intact, but indicators of them being unread erase. on naws they do not erase until you have read every thread in the thread category. i am not all that familiar with bbs setups to know what the trigger is or how to fix it. hope that's clear enough of an explanation.

Halfcrazy

Niel
I will look into this

dgd

Ryan,

When entering a new message I no longer get the various options such as including smilies, UL txt etc.. these used to be
available a couple of lines above the text input box. Or is it just me and I need to set some editing option?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Rybren

Ryan,

The "show unread posts since last visit" isn't working for me.
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V

TomW

Quote from: Rybren on April 28, 2013, 09:38:42 PM
Ryan,

The "show unread posts since last visit" isn't working for me.

Seems to be working for me?

Might need to flush any cookies on your computer for the forum?

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Rybren

Got rid of the cookies and it works.

Thanks for the tip, Tom.
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V