Main Menu

Forum Server move

Started by Halfcrazy, April 23, 2013, 07:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: Rybren on April 29, 2013, 10:30:48 PM
Got rid of the cookies and it works.

Thanks for the tip, Tom.

Aw shucks, even a blind pig finds the occasional acorn.

Glad it worked!

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

Hey We fixed it  :o Smileys work now  ::) Even the Bold works and maybe the italics and I suspect the underline does as well as this one  ;D :D :)

And I bet I can attach a picture.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Halfcrazy

TomW

Huzah!

Looks like you got it sorted, Ryan.

Thanks for the effort.

I am sure there will be a little something extra in your pay envelope next week.
  :D

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Lya72

QuoteOk we are officially all moved so please let me know if anything looks out of place.

It seems that some posts lost their contents  :-[

In my Posts history, i can see posts without content.  ???

Yann
1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)

Halfcrazy

I see a couple cases of this. I am not sure what that is all about. I will open the old server up and see if I can scrounge some of them manually. Anyone with missing posts chime in here.
Ryan

niel

now the moons on the individual threads that showed each thread with new posts to be read are gone. i had to look at the post day on the right hand side.

boB

Yes, I also find that  "Show unread posts since last visit."  doesn't usually work.

Sometimes it does work.   This has not changed since the move though.  Either place
did the same thing.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Rybren

Clearing the cookies fixed the "Show unread posts since last visit."  for me for a day, but it stopped working again.

I never had this issue with the old site.
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V

Wolvenar

You probably need to clear your cache or site cookie again because of the additional work done on the forum in the last couple days.

tester

This is a Test, And only a Test. Had this been an Actual Test  :o

niel

hmm, no moons on unread threads now?

Halfcrazy

I am thinking that must be a cookie issue on your PC? It is looking like to me SMF shares cookies with itself. What I mean by that is it seems that if you log in to 2 different smf forums the cookies seem to intermingle. I am digging here ti see why?
Ryan

niel

i'm not so sure that's the problem. at the bottom of each thread list in a particular thread category i see this,
Topic you have posted in
Normal Topic
Hot Topic (More than 15 replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 replies)

Locked Topic
Sticky Topic
Poll

note there's nothing of new posts. not sure if it shows more for you guys that the moons show up for. moons used to be present on the individual threads that had new posts so it was a change you instituted, just not sure what.