Design Help Needed

Started by mag998, May 20, 2013, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westbranch

Have you tightened the connections on ALL CB's?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

zoneblue

A ground fault in the panels themselves would be extremely rare, but not out of the question, given the quality control these days. But first id be double checking all the wiring connections and the cable itself. Is it decent cable, well insulated and protected? Lastly i dont know anything about possible faults in the ground fualt detector itself. Your gona have do a process of elimination. For the panels i guess you could try to turn off the ground fault thus severing the neg-earth bond, then try to measure any voltage from PV - and pv + to ground.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

mag998

Hi all,

does anybody know why the fan would stay on quite a high speed? When I first start up the Classic, it revs up and then it used to go down a lot, but since a couple of days it stays at about a 80% speed. The ambient temperature is 68°F. I tried leaving it shut off overnight to see if it would reset, but it did not, the fan is still running quite high.

Cheers,
-mag

boB

Quote from: mag998 on October 21, 2013, 09:52:49 AM
Hi all,

does anybody know why the fan would stay on quite a high speed? When I first start up the Classic, it revs up and then it used to go down a lot, but since a couple of days it stays at about a 80% speed. The ambient temperature is 68°F. I tried leaving it shut off overnight to see if it would reset, but it did not, the fan is still running quite high.

Cheers,
-mag

Mag, check the  TEMPS   menu on the MNGP LCD remote.   The fans should not come on
when the FETS temperature is below, say, 50 degrees C.

If the Classic is somehow hot, then maybe it would be on full all the time.

It may be that the fan transistor is bad or the Classic thinks the temperature
is hot when it should not be.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mag998

Thanks Westbranch and zoneblue..!

I am now past the ground fault. I was able to isolate it to an incoming PV cable and when I bypassed it, everything works great. :)

Cheers,
-mag

mag998

boB,

Thank you for your comments. I attached a picture of what this menu looks like. Could you take a look and let me know what you think?

Cheers,
-mag

zoneblue

So we can learn something from this what had actually happened?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

boB

Quote from: mag998 on October 24, 2013, 03:17:45 PM
boB,

Thank you for your comments. I attached a picture of what this menu looks like. Could you take a look and let me know what you think?

Cheers,
-mag

This should really have its own thread but the turbo fan (external fan) should be off below 52 degrees C
and your picture is showing 47 degrees C.

The 2 internal fans should be on at this temperature.  They should go off at 44 degrees C or lower so
they're almost off.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mag998

Thanks boB. The external (turbo) fan is running constantly at what seems to be full speed. Only way to stop it is to unplug the connector at the top of the circuit board.

Cheers,
-mag

mag998

zoneblue,

the cable I bypassed is underground but my guess is that there is a leak from PV- to ground, like you suggested. The panel itself is working fine now so it's definitely a cable issue. Thanks again!

Cheers,
-mag