News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Some ideas and goals

Started by Halfcrazy, July 26, 2013, 06:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Hey all I wanted to start an open source movement. It seems like there is a TON of great ideas and possibilities out there. I will be posting general Ideas over the next few weeks as well. We have several Engineers here on board as well so it should be a fun process.

Anyone that wants a new category like the Raspberry PI category let me know and I will create it.

Thank you
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Open source -  I assume you mean some useful software aimed at either live data reporting or historical data reports from data extracted from the Classic. Perhaps in graphical form as well as text format.
My interest is in a live data dashboard along the lines of the local app. A skinned graphical interface would be nice
and of course written in a proper language such as C/C++ with xwindows support and portable to other OS such as windows/lion etc and expecially ipad/tablets/cellphonesetc.
There appear to be many excellent 2D/3D grapical libs freely available
What ideas do you have or others have?
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Well that's the beauty of open source it is what you make it. I have no real idea what language or library to use that will be up to whomever is writing there stuff. For the most part I have like hundreds of cool ideas but no brains to implement them. There are 4-5 core things we really want done and will likely farm those items out to a single person. They will still be open source but we want something for those 4-5 that we can package and ship to non technical users (Like Myself  ::)  )

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 26, 2013, 12:07:04 PM
There are 4-5 core things we really want done and will likely farm those items out to a single person.

...and what would these be?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

zoneblue

To me thats a no brainer. People need to know four basic things:

- how much power is coming in
- how much power is being used.
- what charge state is the controller in
- whats the state of my battery bank

Thats for the present state. A simple graph of the days history, plus access to all past history.

Quickest and lightest way to code that is probably php and sqlite, for graphing gd and cut down version of pchart or jpgraph. A 8GB micro sd card would without a doubt hold a lifetime of  data, all classic registers, logged once per minute.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar