Ryan's Idea for a cool project

Started by Halfcrazy, July 31, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

So I have always wanted a single page with all my crap on it hosted locally that I can access from anywhere. Fast forward to today and here is my thoughts:

*Raspberry PI or Beagle Board Black running as a web server.
*A graphical page with images like wind turbine, solar panel, inverter etc. These would be selected from a library so the page would be custom to your system.
*Instantaneous values for these devices displayed under the image
*Clicking the image takes you to a page just for that device and shows history and maybe the ability to graph etc

So to do this at the moment we are thinking maybe PHP for the graphics part of it. We also see a database that would store indefinite amounts of data.

I am basically looking for thoughts and suggestions on this at the moment and will start twisting the appropriate arms to help with this. I have a goal of making this completely open source so it would be easily customized for any individual system.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Tons001

I just bought a BeagleBone Black last night to putz around with because I know jack about Linux so this "cool project" is of great interest.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

mtdoc

Great idea!

I would definitely vote for the BBB over the rPi.  Better hardware, open source, better for DIY customization, expandability,  etc.
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

zoneblue

Id like to help move this forward. In the first instance i propose starting a project on google code, using the wiki feature work up a spec for it, upload all our various existing code, and let it grow from there.

Anyone else interested chime in.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar