Help! Wrong code message

Started by dapdan, August 04, 2013, 08:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dapdan

Hey Midnite,

Just updated my classic 200 everything seems to have went well except when I rebooted classic at the very end of update for MNGP and classic and then it is toggling between resting and wrong code message and giving me no output.

Cheers...
Damani

dapdan

All,

Problem solved apparently it was the wrong code. The classic I was updating was a 150 and not a 200 so I re-updated with the 150 code. So all well that ends well. I am still getting this OCP message though. Should that be ignored or should something be done about it.

Cheers...
Damani

boB

Quote from: dapdan on August 04, 2013, 08:22:00 AM
All,

Problem solved apparently it was the wrong code. The classic I was updating was a 150 and not a 200 so I re-updated with the 150 code. So all well that ends well. I am still getting this OCP message though. Should that be ignored or should something be done about it.

Cheers...
Damani

Glad you got the right code in there.  When the Classic leaves
the factory, it knows which one it is and remembers that.  When you
try to load update it with new code, it compares what your loaded
with what it thinks it is and if different types of units, gives you the
wrong code message and will refuse to start running.

On the OCP messages, does it say  "OCP DISABLED" ?  Or does it just say "OCP" ?

If it says OCP DISABLED, just to a Vulcan Mind Meld (VMM) and it should fix
that.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dapdan

boB,

Thanks for your reply. Everything is running great. I even have all three classic on mymidnite thanks to Andy. The controller is saying the OCP is off. Please for those not fluent in Vulcan...explain VMM.

Cheers...
Damani

Westbranch

boB, Ryan,  maybe a Forum category all its own to explain VMM... as well as a category to link to the 'home' for the final, no longer Beta version, of each type of firmware and software?

slow typing these days, broke my shoulder blade over the weekend.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

boB

Quote from: Westbranch on August 06, 2013, 06:17:46 PM

slow typing these days, broke my shoulder blade over the weekend.

OucH !!!!  Sorry about that !  must hurt...

OK, VMM or Vulcan Mind Meld is a phrase used and gotten from Star Trek where Spock puts his hand
and fingers on the victims' neck or shoulder area to read his/her/its mind.

What you do the reset the classic's registers is to hold down the MNGP's RIGHT and LEFT ARROW keys
while it is booting up and hold them down until you see the message...  "SOLAR  WIND  HYDRO" instead
of it opening up to the main status screen.  wait  just a few seconds until the LED stops
flashing and proceed with the 4 questions it will ask you by pressing ENTER for each one.

After you have set the time and date (or just left it alone) and press enter, it should
send data to the Classic Control board and then OCP is OFF message should go away
as well as maybe some other oddities.  Once in a while, this must be done to
re-initialize some new registers that don't quite get set correctly after doing
a Classic and MNGP firmware/software/code  update.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Westbranch

Yup, sure does, treatment is like a clavicle fracture....REST and immobilization for a couple weeks till Xray shows healing has started then light ROM (range of motion) exercise to point of pain... secret is to keep it from 'freezing' in one position.

thanks for the VMM info, much clearer now
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come