News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Non Pre-wired Combiners

Started by rcraven, August 29, 2013, 04:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcraven

Hi,
   I see the pre-wired combiners are more expensive as I expect but I'm not sure what the non-pre-wired combiners includes.  Does it have the busses and din-rails installed?  Are they included but some assembly is required?  Is it an empty box that I must then pick out the contents for and purchase separately? 

thanks for any help clearing up my foggy head
Robert

mahendra

i think the have basic installation stuff, buses and rails the things that carry up the price is the wires ,breakers/fuses etc that they install,pre-wired is good saves you a lot of inconvenience and the mistake of buying wrong stuff to put in. on personal examination it cost almost the same as if you were buying all the components separately.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

boB

If you go to the PV combiners product page and choose one, it will show you what is included.

The picture will usually show the combiner with breakers and/or fuses which are not normally included.

For the MNPV6 for instance it says this...

Photo shows MNPV6 with either breakers or fuses.
Includes 15 position PV negative bus bar, 14 position ground bus bar, 120 amp Plus bus bar for breakers and 80 amp bus bar for fuses.
Breakers/fuse holders sold separately.

For the "Disco" combiners, usually there is a switch included and I think that in that case, what is included may be mentioned in the description.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me