Can't See My 2 New Lites On mymidnite Account

Started by PABillL, October 16, 2013, 03:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PABillL

I recently installed a 2 array system of 1kw / array. Each array has a Classic 200 lite.  I've got the local app installed and working so I've been able to fine tune things a little but when travelling I'd like to see how my batt is holding up by logging in at mymidnite.  My account is setup and my Classics are entered and each is set to a system.......one called South and the other called West. The system "info box" never changes and just says that "Unnamed, then the Device #....... This classic has not been able to communicate w / the server for more than 2 wks...................My network rev. is 1560, Classic rev. is 1568 and I have an internet connection.
I've set the Classics to Static IP, one is192.168.1.223 port 502, the other is 192.168.1.224 port 3900. Each Classic is cabled into a 4 port switch which is cabled into the linksys router.  I've entered the data into my linksys router under the port forwarding page as instructed by the manual, enabled the router and the Classic's (web access), restarted the router. Nodda.
What am I doing wrong?

boB

I hear that there may be some temporary problem with authenticating some Classics on My Midnite right now.

Something like 6 Classics total.  Maybe with yours it is 8 now ?

Hopefully Ryan or Andrew will have some news on this very soon.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

PABillL

Thanks for that info boB.  I'll sit tight and watch for any news.

atop8918

Hi, PABillL,
can you tell me your account username and I'll see if I can get them online for you?

Thanks,
-Andrew

PABillL

Problem resolved. Thank you Andrew.
reset classic lites dip switches to "custom"
reentered correct gateway / router address from the local app. Wrong address was in field. (0.0.0.1) and should have been 192.168.1.1
reset classics via breakers and mymidnite responded within minutes.
However, could not have done it without the use of the local app.

Our internet here on the southern tip of Baranof Is in SE Alaska is funky, slow satellite so I was surprised at the quick response of Midnite's server. 

atop8918

Glad we got it fixed for you, PABillL,

Thank you for posting the solution here -- it might help some other folks.