Defcon 4 - warning

Started by Pac0, October 26, 2013, 07:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pac0

Hi,
I began to receive red screens in App, and a Defcon 4 warning error in FET driver.
That means we are in a "war situation"  ;D

Note: The forum is really slow and I must to reload the page some times before I can reach a good one. :'(

TomW

Quote from: Pac0 on October 26, 2013, 07:07:22 AM
Hi,
I began to receive red screens in App, and a Defcon 4 warning error in FET driver.
That means we are in a "war situation"  ;D

Note: The forum is really slow and I must to reload the page some times before I can reach a good one. :'(

Curious. Never heard of that one before?

I wonder if it is something with your computer?

The forum is working properly for me which makes me wonder if there is something going on locally on your computer.

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Westbranch

You may need to do a cleanup of cookies, spyware, viruses, etc, and a boot time virus scan.

Defcon4?  is boB loading telling us something we do not know about?  The ZZZZZZZZZZZZombies aren't supposed to show up for a few days yet...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Pac0

Well, I'm using Firefox and only have this problem here, with the laptop and the PC, with different OS. I have disabled cookies, could be this the problem? :-[

As for the Defcon 4 warning... I have a screenshot of the red window, but the warning don't appears in it.

Vic

Hi Pac0,

That Defcon 4 is a dire warning.

So,  in preparation for a visit from boB or Ryan,  could you tell us more about your system (your Vin looks a bit HIGH).

Where are you located.  What has been the over night low temperature?

What are your PV module specs,  and how much PV total, and what is the string Vmp & Voc?  Have you run those specs and configuration data through the MidNite String calculator?

And what is your battery voltage?  You know what are all of the specs for the system?

EDIT:  In the interim,  why not shut off the PV In,  and turn off the Battery breaker,  wait a few minutes,  and turn of the battery breaker and the PV in.  This should reset the Classic,  and if you have saved any custom settings then they should be intact.  It is possible that the Defcon flag was set in error (not very likely),  and this could allow the Classic to begin anew.   FWIW (end edit).

This info could be placed in a Signature line,  in the future,  and help in replying to questions you might have.   Thanks,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

boB

This may be a false warning.   Unless maybe it has stopped charging altogether ?

Is the Classic still charging batteries ?  What type of Classic is it ?

This should really be called OCP for Over Current Protection.  It usually happens from
time to time on Classic 250s but is hardly ever seen on 150s or 200s unless there is
a problem.  And even then, it can be from large loads or a semi-short on the battery side
of the controller.  Large loads meaning, like a huge inverter being turned on where it
charges its input capacitors.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Pac0

Quote from: Vic on October 26, 2013, 01:29:58 PM
Hi Pac0,

That Defcon 4 is a dire warning.

So,  in preparation for a visit from boB or Ryan,  could you tell us more about your system (your Vin looks a bit HIGH).

Where are you located.  What has been the over night low temperature?

I'm near Barcelona in the Montseny Mountains (650mts)
Temp this days 18-22ºC

What are your PV module specs,  and how much PV total, and what is the string Vmp & Voc?  Have you run those specs and configuration data through the MidNite String calculator?

I have 12 modules 190Wp / 72cel. in a series of 3. Total 4 series.
Vmp -> 34,6
VoC -> 44,6
Yes I'd used the Midnite Calculator

And what is your battery voltage?  You know what are all of the specs for the system?

Battery voltage 24V
I think that I know all a need to know.

EDIT:  In the interim,  why not shut off the PV In,  and turn off the Battery breaker,  wait a few minutes,  and turn of the battery breaker and the PV in.  This should reset the Classic,  and if you have saved any custom settings then they should be intact.  It is possible that the Defcon flag was set in error (not very likely),  and this could allow the Classic to begin anew.   FWIW (end edit).

I tried to reset in this way (is the only way), The defcon warning doesn't appear any more only the red screen.

This info could be placed in a Signature line,  in the future,  and help in replying to questions you might have.   Thanks,   Vic

Well the history about this Classic unity is some special and irregular. And I must to explain it in order to have all the data.

Pac0

Quote from: boB on October 26, 2013, 05:12:25 PM
This may be a false warning.   Unless maybe it has stopped charging altogether ?

Is the Classic still charging batteries ?  What type of Classic is it ?

Yes and is a Classic 150 Lite.

This should really be called OCP for Over Current Protection.  It usually happens from
time to time on Classic 250s but is hardly ever seen on 150s or 200s unless there is
a problem.  And even then, it can be from large loads or a semi-short on the battery side
of the controller.  Large loads meaning, like a huge inverter being turned on where it
charges its input capacitors.

-Bateries are 256Ah /C10 and I have test all the cells and connections.
-Ummm the maximum load could have peaks of 2500Wh, but only in sun hours. This peak is because freezer peak motor or washing machine.

I've never seen more of 15A en PV in. And in the battery side the máximum was 70A. far than the 90A.

The modules have an inclination of 35º, and in this month the maximun peak of power is 1500-1600W

boB

The problem could be something in the electronic. This is not a "free opinion", is because I have another Classic and it is running well in the some conditions.

I said before that this Classic has an history of strange behavior. First of all, in august, it began to fall in a power loop from maximum to near 0. I'd reported this problem in the forum, but after one reset, the Classic srooped working. I contacted the Service and I sent it to them.

Well the history here becomes a nightmare, because in september the spanish company that have the Classic "shut's down" without repair it. Thanks to the efforts of the person at the website that I bought the Classic, finally they send back to me the Classic, together with a box with a power part. (And unfortunately they don't send me the blue cable. The one that connects the MNLP and the plate in the Classic). This power part was apparently and according to the service the damaged part. I supposed this was a new part and I proceed to change it.

In the second day of operation I received the mentioned warning. At this moment the Classic reached the 1400W of max power. Then I observe that a similar behavior I related before, began again, (The dead loop). Therefore I disconnected the Classic and since this day I have the second working without problem.

I doubt that the problem it's something in the installation, because I'm sure that complies "by below" the specifications of the Classic 150. The repeated loop problem with the new power plate part, points to something  wrong in the other plate.

The last thing that I want to point out is that the power part has a "Classic 150" label not "Lite 150".

Well this is the  whole history of this Classic.

Pac0

I forgot to tell you that I acquired the second classic to separate the PV in two parts. If I get the Classic work, this will be the next step. So I may keep the Classic's far below the maximum power...

Vic

Hi Pac0,

Thanks for the replies.  In the screen shot,  the input voltage reads 122 V.

What Classic model do you have?  Am interested in the voltage rating of that Classic.

What is the part number of the PV Modules that  you are using,  and how many of those per string?

What is the lowest temperature that the site where this system is located?

Thanks,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.

Halfcrazy

Pac0
What is the serial# of the classic? And is it not charging as much as it should if at all?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Pac0

Quote from: Vic on October 28, 2013, 11:02:35 AM
Hi Pac0,

Thanks for the replies.  In the screen shot,  the input voltage reads 122 V.

This was the reading of the Classic at this failure moment. Normally it works at 90-100V.
I've measured the voltage with the tester and never ups to 120V.

What Classic model do you have?  Am interested in the voltage rating of that Classic.

A Classic 150 Lite

What is the part number of the PV Modules that  you are using,  and how many of those per string?

I don't have this data. I bought them in different stages of the whole installation and are similars in specs but not the same manufacturer.

What is the lowest temperature that the site where this system is located?

In winter we can reach the -10ºC. But this happens only two years ago. -7ºC could be a good temp.
I did the calculations with the Midnite Form and I put in it -10ºC. I'd calculated the power wit 12x195. Because the first 4 modules were 195Wp. But the real measures were below than the proposed by the manufacturer. I've never seen the 2300W in the Lite. I have reach for a few seconds 2000W in the summer. 1800W was the peak of the best days. Now I reach to 1500W peak.

Thanks,  Vic

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 28, 2013, 11:34:50 AM
Pac0
What is the serial# of the classic? And is it not charging as much as it should if at all?

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Pac0

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 28, 2013, 11:34:50 AM
Pac0

Ryan

I'm not sure if you are asking if the Classic is charging or not. The "wrong Classic" (I have two), falls into a loop and this behavior produces a significant performance loss. Even with the new plate mounting in it.

-The serial is CL06170-

Vic

OK,  Thanks Pac0,

Ryan is the guy to pay attention to.

I had wondered if the Classic had been damaged by very high input voltage,  perhaps due to cold weather.

Thanks,   Good Luck,     Vic