Using hold and delay on AUX1 Low Battery disconnect?

Started by younggk1, December 16, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

younggk1

Hi all a newbie question.  I have set up AUX1 as Low battery disconnect to power my custom built transfer switch to transfer between grid and solar.  That function is working great but I would like to be able to set it so that it waits on the low voltage side 5 minutes before it decides to change over.  Some heavy loads will drop the voltage in the early morning like the coffee pot or microwave to the trip voltage but of course when the load is gone the voltage returns.  Can the hold or delay be set for this purpose?
Also a different question. Any suggestions on a good hydrometer? I have 3 different ones that read very different from each other and don't really know which one to believe.
Thanks
11.5 kw using 5 classic lite 150 v feeding 2800 ah at 24 volts.

TomW

Quote from: younggk1 on December 16, 2013, 05:21:49 AM

Also a different question. Any suggestions on a good hydrometer? I have 3 different ones that read very different from each other and don't really know which one to believe.
Thanks

I cannot address your other questions but I really like my Robinair refractory tester:

http://www.amazon.com/Robinair-75240-Coolant-Battery-Refractometer/dp/B000HTNODE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387201098&sr=8-1&keywords=robinair+refractometer

It seems pretty solid. No temperature compensation needed and only uses a drop of fluid. Easy to calibrate with distilled water.

Seems to work well but not cheap, of course, neither are batteries if you ruin them.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

younggk1

TomW

younggk1;

I poked Ryan on this I am pretty sure he can answer your other questions.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

So when using the Aux1 for low battery disconnect there is a Hold and Delay time. These times are in seconds but go high enough to go to 2 hours. So in your case the Delay time would want to be set to say 300 seconds to get a 5 minute delay time.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

younggk1

Awesome!!! This has been an interesting project.
Thanks for all the help!!
Greg