update software any type of midnite,150,200,250,classic,ks

Started by lucky, December 25, 2013, 09:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

Halfcrazy

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

lucky

i have 3 question about midnite.....

1)right of blue box  terminal,there is a two male terminal jumper,its GF. i read out in manuall but i can not understand what is purpose behind this to use this terminal.i am doing work in solar company ,during the installation  i can use this function ,,,,

2) midnite display is Arc error(this project is planted since 10 month,)

3) i connect pv with classic 200 midnite  ,as i On the battery breaker the input pv breaker is off.?
   panel 250watt poly
4 series=148 volt
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 1 midnite 200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 2 midnite 200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 3 midnite  200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 4 midnite  200 classsic

batt banks.......

12v batt (gel ,200AH)
4 series(48v)
1 big bank ==48v||48v||48v||48||48||
total 4 big bank
total 80 Batt
4 + and 4- wire from batt are connected on common bus bar terminal ,on + and - bus bar
4 + and 4- wire from midnite are connected on common bus bar terminal ,on + and - bus bar
now question is why breaker is trip of.
i use input and out breaker 63A(mindnite)

Halfcrazy

Quote from: lucky on December 31, 2013, 09:36:49 PM
i have 3 question about midnite.....

1)right of blue box  terminal,there is a two male terminal jumper,its GF. i read out in manuall but i can not understand what is purpose behind this to use this terminal.i am doing work in solar company ,during the installation  i can use this function ,,,,

Ground Fault protection monitors for fault current from dc positive to earth ground. If a 1/2 to 3/4 of an amp of fault current is sensed it stops the controller from charging and displays "Grnd Fault" To use GFP simply place the jumper on both pins.

2) midnite display is Arc error(this project is planted since 10 month,)

Arc Fault can suffer nuisance trips sometimes so you will need to determine if it is a real fault or if there is some noise say from the inverter causing it to trip. If it is a false trip than you can follow the manual and adjust its sensitivity. Check all the dc wiring well first to make sure it is not a loose connection somewhere.

3) i connect pv with classic 200 midnite  ,as i On the battery breaker the input pv breaker is off.?
   panel 250watt poly
4 series=148 volt
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 1 midnite 200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 2 midnite 200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 3 midnite  200 classic
4||4||4||4==32A----> input of 4 midnite  200 classsic

I recommend you play with the string sizing tool here: http://www.midnitesolar.com/sizingTool/displaySizing.php But in reallity it looks like you want to put 4 strings of 4 per classic 200 and that should be ok

batt banks.......

12v batt (gel ,200AH)
4 series(48v)
1 big bank ==48v||48v||48v||48||48||
total 4 big bank
total 80 Batt

I prefer not to have more than 2 strings of batteries if I can help it

4 + and 4- wire from batt are connected on common bus bar terminal ,on + and - bus bar
4 + and 4- wire from midnite are connected on common bus bar terminal ,on + and - bus bar
now question is why breaker is trip of.
i use input and out breaker 63A(mindnite)

Well 63 amp breakers are tripping? See you have 16- 250 watt panels on the classic so the PV side should be ok but the battery side has the ability to max the classic out around 80 amps. I would go to a 90 amp breaker on the battery side. For now you could turn the current limit down in the limits menu to 55 amps to stop the breaker from tripping.

Ryan

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

lucky

Ground Fault protection monitors for fault current from dc positive to earth ground. If a 1/2 to 3/4 of an amp of fault current is sensed it stops the controller from charging and displays "Grnd Fault" To use GFP simply place the jumper on both pins..
:-[
I do alot of installation of solar system ,using midnite of any type,but we can not make any  earth ground, can u explain me how i make ground earth for midnite????????????.

lucky

thanks sir,i understand pv-string ,
you have any about batt,can i calculate battery using string of midnite
I prefer not to have more than 2 strings of batteries if I can help it????

GHOSTNH

Quote from: Halfcrazy on December 25, 2013, 10:56:24 AM
The instructions can be found on this page for all the different versions of Windows:  http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=5&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit

cant find the list of instructions to update classic lite with win xp anymore  can u send a link to it
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

Westbranch

If you can beg borrow or steal a W7 or > version, you will have far more sanity than if you try XP....  believe me, and I favour XP for my OS!
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

mike90045

Quote from: Westbranch on July 01, 2017, 04:08:34 PM
If you can beg borrow or steal a W7 or > version, you will have far more sanity than if you try XP....  believe me, and I favour XP for my OS! 

I struggled for a couple days with win 8.1, yet XP flashed it on the first try.  I'm not willing to put up with the loss of control of programs and data that win 10 presents, and would love to see a UNIX uploader that would work with a LIVE CD  like Linux Mint.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

alyaz

Just thought I would post my firmware update experiences.... I was really apprehensive about doing an update as my controllers were working flawlessly.  However, my parameters for absorb included both minimum and maximum (turns out the firmware was from 2012).  So the first update was pretty scary cause I watched a Youtube video that was dated, used some instructions that were dated, etc.  After I figured out that you just need to watch the ‘pop up’ with the firmware update, it was smooth sailing.  Smooooooooth.  I have Windows Vista and it works awesome.  I have updated all three of my contollers now, both the controllers and the screens.  Was easy, even for me.  :-)
3.3 kW solar. (1.5 kW Helios - MN Classic 150 CC; .8 kW CSun - MN Classic 150 CC; 1 kW Sharp - MN  Classic 250 CC); Magnum PAE-4024 Inverter, AGS, ARC, BMK. Whizbang Jr., Midnite Solar battery monitor, 5 Midnite SPD’s. 24V Rolls 4KS21P - 1105 a/hr FLA.  10 kW Perkins Diesel.

KyleM

Quote from: alyaz on October 11, 2018, 08:33:08 PM
Just thought I would post my firmware update experiences.... I was really apprehensive about doing an update as my controllers were working flawlessly.  However, my parameters for absorb included both minimum and maximum (turns out the firmware was from 2012).  So the first update was pretty scary cause I watched a Youtube video that was dated, used some instructions that were dated, etc.  After I figured out that you just need to watch the ‘pop up’ with the firmware update, it was smooth sailing.  Smooooooooth.  I have Windows Vista and it works awesome.  I have updated all three of my contollers now, both the controllers and the screens.  Was easy, even for me.  :-)

Thanks for the positive feedback! 

:) :)

-Kyle