How Do I Get A Kid Beta Unit ???

Started by VIARLOCITY, January 13, 2014, 11:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VIARLOCITY

I'm Looking Into Getting A Beta Unit Of The KID   I Talked To One Of The Engineers At Midnite  Today He Told To Join This Forum  I Hope Ya'll Have Some Still Available  I Have A Small Addition Solar Array  240 Watts In 24 volt Right Now I'm Running A Morningstar Prostar 15  I Would Love To Test And Try Out One Of The Beta Units  I need More Power Plus I Would Like More Features At The End Of The Day KWH  Etc  More Data  Plus I Would Like The Boat / Marine Mount  a lot Of My contacts and Friends Are Trans Ocean Sailors  I'm Also On Youtube  kvusmc  Many Thanks  Kenneth W Viar Jr I Own Several Midnite Solar Products I have Made A lot Of Videos On Your Products  Take care Semper Fi

Check Out My Video This Is Why I Would Like A BETA Unit
http://youtu.be/vE9IAIx6pBM 
8 Kyrocera 135 watt  Panels  5 Kyocera 140  Panels 2 UL Solar 140  Watt Panel 2 125 UL  Solar Panels ,  2  120 watt Alt E Solar Panels  And 2 Morningstar Prostar 15 PWM Charge Controllers  ! 6 AGM  Batteries  270  AMP HRS    2 FlexMax 80 MPPT CC   Out Back HUB 4  Midnitnie Solar Components   also  O

Vic

Try sending an e-mail to the following person,   In the Subject line state that you are interested in a Beta Kid:

bo@midnitesolar.com

Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

VIARLOCITY

Many Thanks Vic I Appreciate It  Kenny
8 Kyrocera 135 watt  Panels  5 Kyocera 140  Panels 2 UL Solar 140  Watt Panel 2 125 UL  Solar Panels ,  2  120 watt Alt E Solar Panels  And 2 Morningstar Prostar 15 PWM Charge Controllers  ! 6 AGM  Batteries  270  AMP HRS    2 FlexMax 80 MPPT CC   Out Back HUB 4  Midnitnie Solar Components   also  O

dgd

hi Kenny,
An interesting video you posted.Hope you don't mind a couple of suggestions/question.
It would be useful to create a signature lines here that lists your setup.
You seem to have pvs pointing in different directions and did I see one attached vertically on the siding?
The hinge and wood bracket system seems good but its not securing the PVs. If a good wind lifted a pv up on its hinge the support T bracket would just drop and the PV would drop too. Enough wind and it might flap around and smash.
What are the pair of wind turbines? They look fairly low and below the tree line, do you get much power from them? and are they connected to a controller? Whats connected to those two outbacks and the 45amp ? morningstar?
That 5.9Amps that pleases you from 240Watts at 24V PVs should be significantly better with a KID mppt controller
You get about 165watts from  them now, I would expect over 200watts maybe 220-235 with mppt meaning about 8 to 8.5amps at 27.4v
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

VIARLOCITY

The Solar Panels On The Side That Are Vertical / Flat Get The Morning Sun In Winter The Other 2 120 Watt Hinged Solar Panels Have A Hitch Pin To Keep Them From Moving  The 60 Amp Morningstar Is My Diversion Controller For My Battery Bank For My Wind Turbines  They Are 2  1000 Watt  @ 24 Volt Hye Energy Wind Turbines At 20 Feet Yes They Put Out Great Power For There Height I can Go To High In A residential Neighbor Hood Every I Have Is In Check LOL I Have Grid And Battery Back Up Off Grid power I Think The KID Will Do Great