News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Whiz Bang?

Started by chris, January 17, 2014, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris

Hi there,

I am anxiously waiting the release of the Kid an plan to pick one up ASAP. I was planning on installing a Trimetric to my system as well......but after reading about the WBjr I was wondering if this would work with the Kid.....or is it only for the Classic?

Also......does the Kid come with a battery temp prob or is this extra?

Thanx, Chris

System 1
12 volt system,
280 AH DIY LifePO4 with 200amp JBD BMS
4x200 Watt 36volt panels 4P
MidNite Kid, WBjr
2000 watt Kisae SW inverter

System 2
Off Grid RV (parked and used as a cabin)
12 volt system,
4 X T-105+
6X100 watt array wired as 3 strings
MidNite Kid, WBjr & MNBTS
1500 watt Cotek SW

boB

The WB Jr. also works with the Kid.

I'm pretty sure we are shipping the BTS with the Kid but will ask
or let Mario respond just in case.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

The standard Kid does not come with a BTS. The Marine version does.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

vtmaps

Quote from: chris on January 17, 2014, 09:18:57 PM
does the Kid come with a battery temp prob or is this extra?

Welcome to the forum chris,

just in case you have any old Outback remote temp sensors, they are interchangeable with the Midnite sensors.

--vtMaps

chris

Thanx for the responses guys, I can't wait to get my hands on one here this spring.   
By chance do you know aprox what the BTS will cost?......and how long the cable is on it?
After doing a bunch of reading over the winter here sounds like I will be doing some re-wiring anyways but I'd like to have it all planned out ahead of time.
Quote from: vtmaps on January 18, 2014, 05:55:11 AM
Welcome to the forum chris,

just in case you have any old Outback remote temp sensors, they are interchangeable with the Midnite sensors.

--vtMaps

Thank you

and unfortunately nope, the controller I'm replacing is a cheapy EP Solar 30amp PWM, it served it's purpose but now that we are using more power at the trailer it's time to upgrade  ;)
System 1
12 volt system,
280 AH DIY LifePO4 with 200amp JBD BMS
4x200 Watt 36volt panels 4P
MidNite Kid, WBjr
2000 watt Kisae SW inverter

System 2
Off Grid RV (parked and used as a cabin)
12 volt system,
4 X T-105+
6X100 watt array wired as 3 strings
MidNite Kid, WBjr & MNBTS
1500 watt Cotek SW

vtmaps

Quote from: chris on January 18, 2014, 11:26:04 AM
By chance do you know aprox what the BTS will cost?......and how long the cable is on it?

Twenty bucks:
http://www.solar-electric.com/rebatese.html

----vtMaps

boB

I was mistaken about the battery temp sensor being shipped with every kid. They are shipped with the betas but not with the production units at this time
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

dgd

Quote from: boB on January 18, 2014, 03:59:37 AM

Can I feed the WBjr connection to my Classic 150 to the KID also?
i.e. one WBjr driving both  the C150 and KID

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Unfortunately not each one needs its own WBjr

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Quote from: dgd on January 30, 2014, 02:53:10 AM

dgd

I had not thought about two (2) separate WB Jr.s on two separate charge controllers but that should work if you
can parallel them with a long screw and standoff or something.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

TomW

Quote from: boB on January 30, 2014, 07:35:46 PM
Quote from: dgd on January 30, 2014, 02:53:10 AM

dgd

I had not thought about two (2) separate WB Jr.s on two separate charge controllers but that should work if you

boB

Which is similar to what I wondered.

Can a single WBjr attach to 2 classics or Kid & Classic?

Not sure what the purpose would be but a question I had.

Just curious.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

dgd

Quote from: boB on January 30, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

ok, I was thinking about trying an opto isolator between the WBjr wire and the second Classic as its probably not a great idea to wire the +12v AUX2s from each CLassic together.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000

mahendra

Point to note Midnite ! while you actually stock replacement Bts for sale,Your retailers do not . Like my friend that started this thread i would also liketo know if it is possible to purchase single pieces of accessories for our Midnite products when ever we may need.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

dgd

Quote from: TomW on January 31, 2014, 07:29:09 AM

Which is similar to what I wondered.

Can a single WBjr attach to 2 classics or Kid & Classic?

Not sure what the purpose would be but a question I had.

Just curious.

Tom

I have three Classics now and use the local app to monitor them. As the local app only allows the info about one Classic to be displayed then to see battery amps in/out and SOC info then the app has to be returned to the Classic with the WBjr connected.
This is a pain. So if the WBjrc could be connected to all then the SOC info would always be displayed.

Or better still if there could be one local app running for each Classic and all panels displayed
Or better better if the Battery amps in/out had its own dashboard showing the SOC etc info

dgd

mahendra

Correct me if i am wrong ,but i thought i read something on an older post that mentioned that a single whizbang can work with networked classics.However whizbang monitoring would only be done on the classic it is installed on.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648