New firmware for the Beta Kids

Started by Halfcrazy, February 05, 2014, 06:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

So Rev 1714 is coming soon and It includes the reading of negative amps from the WBJR among other fixes.
I really want to finish adding the SOC for this next firmware rev.
We'll see....

Mario

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Mario on February 24, 2014, 09:08:16 PM
So Rev 1714 is coming soon and It includes the reading of negative amps from the WBJR among other fixes.
I really want to finish adding the SOC for this next firmware rev.
We'll see....

Mario

Thanks - will look forward to that.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

philb

I installed version 1713 this morning. Are you sure you want to make this software this easy to install? No installation problems at all.

The only way it could be made easier to install for non-computer crowd would be to use a USB. To do an upgrade, you copy the upgrade.exe file to a USB thumb, plug it into the port on the instrument. The front panel displays "upgrade firmware? Y/N" Push up button for yes and the system does the upgrade and says to remove the thumb when it's done. 

Just an idea. ::)
system one
7100 watts solar
 3 Classic 200's, Midnite battery monitor  Outback VFX 3524, 2 new forklift batteries

system two
1880 watts solar, classic 200, Outback VFX 3524
24 6 volt GC-2 cart batteries

Highflyer

1722 has been out for a while now.  Is there any update on the horizon?

Thanks for all the hard work!!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Bunkie314

Any news on the EA feature using the WBJR?

I'm still curious about what triggers a charging cycle.  Seems every morning I can check the kid is in a charging cycle.  I don't cycle down the batteries often since it's an RV. Only thing connected is the kid so very little draw. I'm worried about overcharging my agms.

Thanks for all the work put in. I can't wait to get all my panels installed and play with the bully mode.
10-ePVL 136w unisolar panels, 3-lifeline 4D AGM batteries, 2012 Magnasine inverter/charger and two kids on mobile app.

30 Solartech 305w mono awaits remote cabin install

ClassicCrazy

Even if you don't use your batteries much they still have a self discharge and are going to charge up some.  The setpoints determine if it is charging or not . It will go through the bulk cycle till it gets to Absorb and then adjust the current to hold the Absorb voltage for as long as you have Absorb time set for. Afer that it will go to Float setpoint.  Ending amps when it gets implemented will stop Absorb time early if it gets to the Ending Amps setpoint before Absorb time  and then go to Float.  Figuring out the correct ending amps setting depends on what type of batteries you have and you would need the Whizbang installed too.  But for now  you just need to make sure you have the correct Absorb time set so the batteries get full but don't go too long. If you have flooded lead acid batteries you can check with the specific gravity of the batteries to help determine the exact setting for the ending amps. Otherwise you just kind of have to watch it in Absorb and watch for a point when the system amps shown by Whizbang gets to a point where the system amps doesn't change too much.  It is a bit tricky to figure this ending amps point sometimes.   Just using Absorb time can work okay too though .  For example if your SOC goes down to 85 percent, in the morning watch the system amps and voltage  when it gets to 100 percent SOC . If you had your Absorb time to 3 hours and it was filling up to 100 percent at 2 hours you could cut back the Absorb time .

Hope this makes sense . Took me awhile to figure out how all this works .   
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable