MNTRANSFER30

Started by philb, February 14, 2014, 02:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philb

The MNTRANSFER30 instructions picture show the box being used for switching from grid to generator. I'd like to use the device for switching between an inverter and the grid. I am assuming that there can not be an active load such as a refrigerator that's on while switching. I don't see a reason that it wouldn't work, but just to be on the safe side, I thought I'd ask.
system one
7100 watts solar
 3 Classic 200's, Midnite battery monitor  Outback VFX 3524, 2 new forklift batteries

system two
1880 watts solar, classic 200, Outback VFX 3524
24 6 volt GC-2 cart batteries

Halfcrazy

Actually they are load rated breakers that can be used as a switch so you can switch it under load. if you switch it at a normal pace there will be a slight blip in the lights etc as you go through the dead zone in the middle.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

hocuspocus

Will the MN transfer switch act as a fusing device as well as a switch?  For example if one of the two switched circuits is overloaded will the overloaded breaker trip or will the metal cover plate prevent it from moving to the tripped position?
Thanks

Halfcrazy

it will trip, All of our circuit breakers will trip even with the handle bound in the on position.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

hocuspocus