Main Menu

KID Manual

Started by dgd, February 19, 2014, 05:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Without wanting to appear pedantic...

Under STATUS BUTTON on Page 21 of KID manual

The 9.5a as depicted above represents the PV array output current
Is that actually correct? When I look at my KID display that seems to be the battery current, ie the output current from the KID to the battery bank.

describing the main status display explains BULKMPPT state and then says that the other states are: RESTING
There should probably be  ABSORB, FLOAT and EQ  (are there other states?) also explained here before going on the describe the rest of the status display.
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Kent3

Hi new member
On reading the Kid manual I noticed the important notice on the system wiring diagram that states the input and output negative Must be connected. On looking at the diagram I can't find where the input and output negative are connected. What does this mean?
Thanks
Kent
I guess maybe I was looking for the missing operative word together. If just means connected I understand. And not together.
6 - 150 Watt PV, 210Ah /24V FLA Battery Bank, 2-MN-Kid CC w/WBjr and 2-MNBTS, eu2000i, eu3000i,  Samlex 1000 Watt PSW, 1000 Watt MSW,    Linux user

TomW

Quote from: Kent3 on March 15, 2014, 11:58:30 AM
Hi new member
On reading the Kid manual I noticed the important notice on the system wiring diagram that states the input and output negative Must be connected. On looking at the diagram I can't find where the input and output negative are connected. What does this mean?
Thanks
Kent

Kent;

Go over here and get the PDF:

http://www.midnitesolar.com/pdfs/kidManual.pdf

Go down to page 8. It is all right there.

There is a + and - for every set of connections. Solar (wind), battery, load and Clipper.

Pretty simple and I think even marked on the circuit board. Mine is closed up and mounted so I can't see it or remember so cannot tell you the color.

The source (Solar or Wind) cannot share a connection with the battery negative before The Kid. You need to run the negative for each to the proper connection on the main terminal block of The Kid.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Kent3

Hello
I have been running a 12 volt battery bank since I received the kid. I now have put my 150 watt panels in series and reconfigured my battery bank to 24 volts.

My question is how can I do A Factory reset so the kid will accept the 24 volt battery bank? I have the kid off the batteries now but I could connect it temporary to a 12 volt if necessary.
Thanks for any help
Kent

Just in case someone would like to reset the Kid I found that the TECH menu has that option.

6 - 150 Watt PV, 210Ah /24V FLA Battery Bank, 2-MN-Kid CC w/WBjr and 2-MNBTS, eu2000i, eu3000i,  Samlex 1000 Watt PSW, 1000 Watt MSW,    Linux user

Highflyer

Ken, page 13 of the manual should get you going.

The Kid does not care what the battery voltage is, just that you set it correctly after it is connected to the Kid. 

I have used 12, 18, and 24 volt sources with no problem. I just connect them and go through the setup as needed and go.

So in short, connect the 24 volt battery source and get going!!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Kent3

Thanks Brian , I found the TECH menu and saw the reset to default option and it worked. I am now on a 24 volt system.

Kent