Nubie questions on updates

Started by cschlessman, February 20, 2014, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cschlessman

I have just started using my Classic this last week. I will install my WBjr this week.

Now my first question,
1. My internet is Hughes Net am I correct in understanding it wont work to update my stuff?

2.How am I sure that I am using the correct updates for these systems? Are the most current updates all inclusive? Meaning if I use update #0000 would it include all the improvements needed.

3. Are they posted somewhere with a dummy proof "hey use this one"

This is a very informative group here , just most of you are light years ahead of me in what you are doing and I get lost real easy. Which is where I am now.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Chuck

zoneblue

On the website main menu, choose, software, classic, Rev XXXX Production.

At the very bottom of that page is the instructions. They are kinda long but comprehensive. Follow them and you wont have any difficulty.

zb
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

cschlessman

Thanks, I guess I should have seen that :-[

Chuck

ClassicCrazy

And the Local Status monitor app will show you when there are updates and all you have to do is click on them to install
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

TomW

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 21, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
And the Local Status monitor app will show you when there are updates and all you have to do is click on them to install

You must mean "for the Local Status Panel"

Never noticed an update notice for the Classic itself in the Status Panel?

Just to be accurate.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: TomW on February 22, 2014, 09:22:06 AM
Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 21, 2014, 10:19:57 PM

You must mean "for the Local Status Panel"

Never noticed an update notice for the Classic itself in the Status Panel?

Just to be accurate.

Tom
Yeah - meant just what Tom said .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

cschlessman

Well thanks everyone, eveything is working now I just need some good ole sun 8)

Chuck