Classic Lite 150 + Reverse Diversion

Started by flabroker, February 28, 2014, 08:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 02, 2014, 06:03:42 AM
Quote from: flabroker on March 01, 2014, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 01, 2014, 10:37:32 AM
Low bat Disconnect will be active below a set point so it should work well for this. This mode is active regardless of the state of the Classic (IE Resting bulk float etc)

Let's use this as an exemple:

Turn on (or send 12v to switch) SSR at 24.2 battery volts and turn off SSR at 25.6 battery volts.

Thats exactly how it should work.

So batteries fall to 24.2 after the adjustable delay time is met the Aux sends out 12vdc to turn on the SSR and connect the grid
When the batteries reach 25.6 and the adjustable hold time is met the Aux removes the 12v to the SSR disconnecting the grid

Ryan;

Not to be tedious or confusing but to clarify..

When Low Battery Disconnect is active (trying to disconnect) it has  12 volts on it?

For some crazy reason the term disconnect made me think  it was removing a voltage. Yeah, dumb pre coffee thing yesterday.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

flabroker

Then it must be how you set the Off-Auto-On option to make it do that because the settings menu will not let you set the On voltage lower than the Off voltage. I have been watching it and still can't get it cut in at low and cut out at higher voltage.

TomW

Quote from: flabroker on March 02, 2014, 10:26:14 AM
Then it must be how you set the Off-Auto-On option to make it do that because the settings menu will not let you set the On voltage lower than the Off voltage. I have been watching it and still can't get it cut in at low and cut out at higher voltage.

Well, this I checked just now.

AUX1 "auto" lets me set on at 23.9 and off at 26.1. FW 1758.

Just because this got my attention..

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

So using Toms screen shot I will try to explain how it "Should" work:

The battery slowy drops to 23.9v after being at 23.9 for 0.1 seconds then you will get 12vdc out of Aux1
The battery voltage then rises back up to 26.1 and after it is there for 1 second the 12vdc on Aux1 turns off

I need to set a power supply up here so I can play with all these items and check for bugs. I will do that tomorow
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

flabroker

By Golly I think you've got it! I guess I had not tried Auto yet. It seems to be working. We'll see as soon as the sun comes up and brings the batteries back up if it kicks off at the correct voltage. I even went out ans checked with the meter and made sure it is putting out 12 volts.

flabroker

Quote from: TomW on March 02, 2014, 10:49:52 AM
Quote from: flabroker on March 02, 2014, 10:26:14 AM

Well, this I checked just now.

AUX1 "auto" lets me set on at 23.9 and off at 26.1. FW 1758.

Just because this got my attention..

Tom

Sorry, but it ain't workin. You actually have it backwards and your entries will apply 12 volts at 26.1 and then remove the 12 volts at 23.9. As a diversion would work.

I got all excited there for a minute.

Halfcrazy

I will have to try it today as the reverse is "Diversion". Low bat disconnect is supposed to be opposite logic.

flabroker

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 03, 2014, 05:57:59 AM
I will have to try it today as the reverse is "Diversion". Low bat disconnect is supposed to be opposite logic.

I appreciate your efforts.

I don't know what mine is doing now. I put in new values and waiting for the system to drop to see what happens this time.

cybermaus

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 03, 2014, 05:57:59 AM
Can I re-mention the manual talks about a NC (Normally Closed) relay. Which automatically means opposing logic.

Halfcrazy

Correct. if the goal is to disconnect a load when battery is below a voltage. keeping in mind there is voltage from the Aux below this voltage that relay for the loads would have to be NC or connected when NOT powered

Halfcrazy

So it seems there may be some confusion on the Off, Auto, On settings

Off is just that OFF no matter what it is OFF allways.
On is just that always on no matter what the classics settings are at.
Auto lets the classic use the parameters you set to automatically control the Aux output

Halfcrazy

Ok just set up my test bed and have a Classic 150 with Rev 1735

MNGP settings for Aux1 Low Bat disconnect:
V Low 24v
V High 25.6v
Delay 5 seconds
Hold 5 seconds

When the battery drops below 24v for 5 seconds the aux1 puts out 12v.
When the battery raises above 25.6 for 5 seconds the 12v goes away.

Works perfect as designed. Updating to 2-20-2014 to try

Vlow is 24v and Vhigh is 25.2

Halfcrazy

Ok same settings on 2-20-2014 code and same results works perfect here. Now I will do a VMM and set it up with the Local App

Halfcrazy

Ok it turned on after exactly 5 seconds at 23.9. It did have to go to 23.9 not 24 but that makes sense to me

Halfcrazy

And it turned off after exactly 5 seconds at 25.7 so I say it works fine here. Please tell me what firmware version you are running and I will try to check it here? Also you do have the MNLP set to Custom correct??