Issues with the latest version of the status panel

Started by younggk1, March 06, 2014, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahendra

1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Halfcrazy

The End amps bug was fixed some time ago but I thought I saw the OP had older classic code. As far as reading the Days between bulk wrong I am not sure but I will ding Andrew. It is only really a cosmetic bug I think as the Classic gets the right value written to it. I tried it here and even though the LA says I have 0 days between bulk setting it to 4 indeed did set it to 4 and it did skip bulk/absorb today
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mahendra

Well mine does also set ,which i have set to 5 days but it goes goes into bulk every day.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

mahendra

i should mention that at first mine did skip bulk/absorb for one day but only that one day ,never again.Both classics however , do count the days but does not respect them.

Halfcrazy

mahendra

Halfcrazy

Well let me rephrase that. Is it going to float each day?

If it does not go to float it will wake up the following day in bulk

mahendra

younggk1

Update, I finally was able to get home and update firmware on all 5 lites.  I also updated to the latest software version.  I still have the same issue.  I am not sure what is happening but they all want to go to float before bulk charging is complete.  If I turn off follow me it does help but they don't change to the different charge states at the same time.  Also since the software update that started all of this I have been getting ground faults on the controllers that do not exist.  I had to disable that function.  as stated before all 5 ran perfectly since November.  Any news on what could be the cause?
Thanks
Greg
11.5 kw using 5 classic lite 150 v feeding 2800 ah at 24 volts.

boB

Greg,  what is your Ending Amps set for ?  It should be 0.0 amps I think so that the absorb
cycle does not end early.

Also, I don't suppose you have VariMax (VMX) enabled which could possibly put a minimum
absorb time and if too low of time, make your absorb end early.

Typically I have seen Ending Amps being enabled when it shouldn't be enabled that can cause this.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

younggk1

boB ending amps is set to 0.3 will change (just changed to 0.0).  absorb is not ending early bulk is and goes in to float.  Not exactly sure what vmx is or where to find it please explain. Is there a copy of the old firmware?  I would just like to roll it back if I can't resolve the issue.
Thanks
Greg

younggk1

With the ending amps set to 0 and follow me turned on they all went to float by 8:30 am with battery voltage at 25.2 volts (24volt system) with overcast. with the follow me off only 1 or 2 go to float but it is random on which ones do it nothing consistent. 

younggk1

After several long days of changing voltage settings and reconfiguring I found the problem. I ordered an MNGP and went to work.  After changing every possible time and voltage setting the problem still persisted.  But while physically at the controllers working I did notice a severe break down in the controller to controller communications by the blinking LED's on the front.  With follow me disabled all controllers operated within programmed parameters.  This prompted me to dig into the com settings using the MNGP all were set by default to SM which has been working fine since November before the last software update.  I changed the setting on the lite with the battery sensor to FM and BTSnet to master and now I have 5 lites working in harmony again.

Was there anything in the last version of the local app that changes com defaults?
Greg

zoneblue

While i have no epxerience with followme, i have noticed that after firmware updates, that with or without VMM, i sometimes get random advanced settings changes. Things like GFI, Lowmax etc. Was there a new firmware in your mix? Id be less likely to think the local app did that , its more passive.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

younggk1

Firmware was updated to try to fix problem.  I was still on version 1401 firmware at time of local app update when problem started.