All Units are the same?

Started by Jumbicat, March 11, 2014, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumbicat

Hello,

I believe I read somewhere that there's no difference between the beta/production units with regard to hardware. The difference is firmware?

Reason for asking:  I ordered a Kid 03/03/14 from a dealer that advised they were back ordered.  Since then I've located a dealer that confirmed they have 12 units in stock. They received the units in February this year.

I suspect if I order the unit, it will need a firmware upgrade vs waiting and letting the dealer send a unit that they expect sometime this week from the factory.  It will most likely have the latest firmware.

Am I correct?

Mark

Halfcrazy

All units in the distributorship are production units and should all have the new boot loader in them

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ClassicCrazy

Mark - even if it does have the newest firmware in it you will want to get the hang of installing new firmware because there are sure to be lots of updates. It is easy to do firmware update on the Kid . Put the Kid into update mode via menu , then  you plug in the usb cord to the computer ( which I leave always plugged in to the Kid). The Kid shows up on Windows as a drive like a flash drive would. Then you just drag the downloaded firmware update into that drive and it does it's thing. 
Larry 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Jumbicat

Thanks for the replies.

I went ahead and ordered the one in stock.  Looking forward to hooking it up to (2) 250 Watt mono panels.

After reviewing and reading up on controllers, I figured the KID was the best unit for my needs.

Thanks,

Mark 

HopperDK

Hello all. (new in the Midnite / KID forum)
Have a new KID on the way from the US to Denmark, must be one of the newest from the production,  Look forward to try/test it out on some solar arrays and hopefully very soon on some of my wind turbine's when firmware supports it,, I expect great things from the KID for now and in the future, both in solar and soon in wind mode :)  I'll look in to what version of firmware my have shortly? 
I understand that the Units spoken of here, mostly are Beta units, the one I bought are new and similar to the beta.  I will make my review of it and hope I'm able to contribute to this forum and Midnite,, have been busy preparing and reading all avalible material about the KID the last couple of days and can hardly wait to get it hands on and soon to try it out on the bench in some test setup.

Have a happy sustainable energy day.

Westbranch

Hi Hopper, when you are ready to assemble your system,  be sure post a description of your setup for review...
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come