Monitoring and control software for the Outback and Classic

Started by Halfcrazy, March 19, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtdoc

Quote from: intellact on December 16, 2017, 02:05:37 PM
Hi Matrix and mtdoc:

'Tis a busy season for sure, but I was a little disappointed not to hear back from either of you on trying out the monitoring of a MidNite Classic with OutBack components.  Since neither of you have asked for an ACKcess activation, I worry that perhaps there is a program problem that I wasn't hearing about....?  Or perhaps you are both just busy. :)  (Me too!)

Sorry Andrew. I had some family issues arise and that along with the holidays has kept me out of the lab.  I'll have some free time later this week and early next week so I should get to it then.  I'll post here if I'm having any issues..

Thanks for checking!
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

intellact

Okay, so it's now March... ;)

WattPlot ACKcess has taken great leaps forward in the last few months, but still no word (and therefore no progress) on that MidNite Solar Classic testing... :(
Andrew Welch
Creator of WattPlot

dbcollen

I will test it for you, I have a classic 250 on a 620w array on my battery back up in the new house. I really enjoyed wattplot as a system monitor on the house we sold. Send me a private message and I will give you my new email.

Thanks,
Dustin Collen

dapsyra

I am willing to test for you.  I have 4.5KW array and Classic 150.
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=46221
Midnite Classic 150/WBJr., 21 Roysolar 300Wp, 55V/400AH Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO) Battery, Mercury MC5048E 5KVA Inverter

intellact

One important component that may not have been emphasized enough in this thread... Testers should really have an OutBack MATE3 or AXS Port at this stage of the game. I'm trying to test that combination right now. I hope to have a straight Midnite Solar version soon. :)
Andrew Welch
Creator of WattPlot

bee88man

intellact

Quote from: bee88man on March 11, 2018, 10:12:27 AM
Is it too soon still for the "Mate3s"?
It depends what you mean by that question! ;) Are you asking about OutBack's network connectivity challenges or WattPlot compatibility? ;D

WattPlot can talk to the MATE3S, but there are still a few issues that I am tracking down in Version 5. For example, Modbus can pull the model name directly from the device, but other (earlier) parts of the program were asking the user to select from a menu that had "MATE3" but not "MATE3S", so things didn't match up nicely.

For the purposes of this test, it is WattPlot version 6, so the MATE3S has been designed in from the beginning - no problem.
Andrew Welch
Creator of WattPlot

intellact

I have run up against a very tricky technical challenge.  Any and all help would be appreciated...

Challenge #1 - My VB.Net code, which maintains very robust connections to OutBack's MATE3 and AXS Port device via Modbus/TCP, is unable to connect to a MidNiteSolar Classic at all.

Challenge #2 - A reminder that I don't have a MidNite Solar Classic, so I am not actually in front of the device I'm trying to talk to or able to easily experiment with code.  Everything runs through my volunteer field tester.

Here are the technical details:

User is able to access Classic via local status panel and Grahams classic status 4 plus.

My code is VB.Net and seems to be dying at the socket Connect method (but is not generating an error message !? - I know, I'm double-checking this):

Try
            ModbusSocket = New Socket(ResolvedIpAddress.AddressFamily, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)
            With ModbusSocket
                .Connect(New IPEndPoint(ResolvedIpAddress, 502)) ' << appears to fail here
                .SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Socket, SocketOptionName.SendTimeout, 500)
                .SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Socket, SocketOptionName.ReceiveTimeout, 500)
                .SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Socket, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, 1)
                .SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Socket, SocketOptionName.DontLinger, 0)
            End With
       Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        End Try

Any thoughts?  Special settings to be enabled on the Classic?  Tricks to try?

Thanks in advance (and a free software activation to the person that solves the issue!  ;D)
Andrew Welch
Creator of WattPlot

intellact

Problem solved!  I expect to have full MidNite Solar Classic compatibility within the week.  ;D
Andrew Welch
Creator of WattPlot

dbcollen

Quote from: intellact on March 16, 2018, 05:37:51 PM
Thanks in advance (and a free software activation to the person that solves the issue!  ;D)

Is that Me?  ;)

mtdoc

Quote from: intellact on March 06, 2018, 11:35:45 AM
Okay, so it's now March... ;)

WattPlot ACKcess has taken great leaps forward in the last few months, but still no word (and therefore no progress) on that MidNite Solar Classic testing... :(

Sorry Andrew. I did try to get it working back in January but had no luck.  I spent about half a day trying to sort out possible network and/or AXS port issues on my end then gave up.

Because my current set up using my Mate 2 with Wattplot 5 works so well I went back to that and have not taken the time to revisit the issue - even though it means no integration with my Midnite classic monitoring.

Good news that you are making progress and eventually I will get back to it.  Priorities, priorities... If my current set up wasn't "good enough" already I might move it to the top of the list..

I appreciate your efforts and your great products  :)
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

krementz

Any updates? Definitely interested in control software for my Midnite Classics.
Way off grid
Old system: Outback 2524, 1200 W PV,  installed 2005, 384 amp hours
New System: 2 SMA 6048 with 2 Midnite Solar Classic 150 controllers, 5500 W PV, 1700 amp hours