Monitoring and control software for the Outback and Classic

Started by Halfcrazy, March 19, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOTMidnite

OK Just to be clear this is NOT MIDNITE Speaking it is me personally. Midnite in no way endorses or agrees with what I am about to say!!

This software was written by a single individual who simply enjoys writing code. He had no help from Midnite on this he did it simply because he wanted to control of his system and I wanted to control mine. This is not a Midnite project. And I am so sorry you consider it 50% done and welcome you to not bother to use it. If I sound frustrated I am, I feel like the harder I try the more I get beaten. This program works 100% for what he wanted it for and what I wanted it for. I am sorry if it does not do what you need but it does do what we wanted it for. And I felt it may benefit some others as well.

With all that said I welcome an open source movement and will do anything I can to support that. There are a ton of people out there doing there own thing and I think that's great. I however am not a programmer and can not write the code for anyone.

I will now put my Midnite hat back on and sign in and move this thread to a new place.

Ryan

zoneblue

Sorry Ryan, i didnt mean to sound critical. Like i say he or she has obviously invested some energy into it, and it looks great, and no one wants that energy put down, so im certainly not doing that.

Would "he" be willing to work with us? Im only saying this becasue there are only so many hours in the day and to see all of us all repeating each others work just seems such a waste of those hours.

Nor am i saying that there should only be one project. But sharing ideas, source, and documentation allows us to improve all of the projects.

This is the whole point of open source, that we each can stand on the shoulders of giants, as newton said.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

ClassicCrazy

I understand what you mean about all the hours - I see some of those open source projects show accumulated hours put in and I have been amazed at how much effort goes into some of those things.  But I always thought people who do coding don't sleep ! 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 19, 2014, 08:45:10 AM
Modbus reader tool thats included
Ryan..  I was looking for the location of the Modbus reader tool but can't seem to locate it in the download you provided. Can you point me to its install location?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

Hm looks like that was in an older version. I will see if I can get it added back into the new version as I find it a very handy tool

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on March 22, 2014, 12:59:39 PM
Hm looks like that was in an older version. I will see if I can get it added back into the new version as I find it a very handy tool

Ryan
Thanks Ryan..  I was thinking it would be a handy too also.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

zoneblue

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100

Resthome

John

TomW

I got an AXS Port from Alt E Store. It was a bit less than intuitive to set it up for my LAN IP block. I used the application from  N1GNN on my beater XP home laptop I only keep for these M$ only applications.

Toughest bit was getting XP to use the ethernet connection set up for the 192.168.0.xxx network. They really should have made it use DHCP and some form of broadcast identifying itself.

I just set it up and it found both my FX inverters and both Classics no problem.

I poked around some, set up the devices and the IP for the AXS itself.

Tried to get it logging but when I ftp in it shows no files. I had hoped I could at least pull the log file(s) to parse for my logging and local web pages.

Anyway, an early adopter playing with it. It looks like it will be great for monitoring and control of a mixed system like we have here with OB and MN gear.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

Big thanks to the coder (N1GNN).

Can't wait to try the Linux port of this handy tool.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

TomW

Been trying to enable the AXS logging with this and it simply will not let me change the values in Outback_SD_Card_Log... fields, except the logging_Mode which I set to 1 for "excell mode".  I also set the IP and Gateway with this App.

I have enabled the time server, changed the timezone and changed the logging mode so I can definitely write to the AXS.

I must be missing something that needs to be set before I can set the logging values?

Any help appreciated.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

mtdoc

Excellent.  I've been out of the loop lately - so just now seeing this. I've been hoping someone would develop an application that makes use of the AXS port. The fact that it incorporates monitoring of Classics is a bonus!

Now I just have to get an AXS port and try it out. :D
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.

zoneblue

Shouldnt be too hard to add a blackbox module for AXS or mate3 , but as i dont have any outback gear ill need some help.

TomW

After a couple days of messing with this...

Not intended as a complaint just where I am at.

It "sees" my inverters but does not recognize them as FX inverters and does not show any writable fields.  (a clue?)

It will not let me add the AXS Port to the monitor window.

I get zero length log files on the hour every hour generally. Probably because I cannot change any logging settings other than logfile format.

I am fairly certain I am missing something silly and simple. Maybe it can't write to the inverters because you need to enter that 141 password someplace I am missing?

I have reset the AXS Port multiple times and started from scratch and have had no luck getting past these issues.

I read the AXS Port "Manual" several times and it is absolutely no help on this or I am too dense to see the answer.

I tried to update the firmware but it does NOT seem to update despite following the instructions in the Manual.

If anyone can actually offer some help I would truly appreciate it. I never had much hair but may be bald soon at this rate.

Thanks.

Tom

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mtdoc

Hey Tom.  I hope you get it figured out and if so post it here since I have ordered an AXS port and hope to be setting this up myself soon.
Array 1: Sanyo HIT225 X 8 on Wattsun tracker. Array 2: Evergreen ES-E-225 X 12 on shed roof. Midnite e-panel with Outback GVFX3648, FNDC and Classic 150 X 2. 436 AH AGMs. Honda eu2000i X 2.