[solved] Classic is lazy and does not wake up.

Started by cybermaus, March 28, 2014, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cybermaus

So I updated to beta 1795 yesterday evening. Had some difficulty, but the final update seemed go go well.

And this morning I checked, and found it was resting, with plenty of PV voltage. So I did a reboot from the local app, and then the boss called and I forgot. This evening it is still resting, and throughout the day it produced 0.0 KWh, so I am pretty sure it never woke.

I suspect you will advise me a VMM and/or facotry reset? Or should I be doing something else?

Thanks

PS: right now resting reason is 36=unknown. Not sure what it was this morning.
Mind you, at this precise moment, it is dark enough to actually be resting.

boB

Yes, a VMM is required to get rid of reason 36.

RFR = 36  means that the battery temperature is higher than the (new!) comparison register
that allows it to stop charging if the battery temp is high.

What really happens is that this "new" register, is not properly initialized and holds
some old value that can not easily be sanity checked to just reset itself every time.
There is a sanity check but obviously, the temperature it is using as a reference
in that register is some value that might be used in an actual temperature
comparison.

This really should be a message on the lower-right of the screen.

Sorry,
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

zoneblue

I guess you didnt read the thread containing the firmware link!

Quote from: cybermaus on March 28, 2014, 02:38:18 PM
So I updated to beta 1795 yesterday evening. Had some difficulty, but the final update seemed go go well.

And this morning I checked, and found it was resting, with plenty of PV voltage. So I did a reboot from the local app, and then the boss called and I forgot. This evening it is still resting, and throughout the day it produced 0.0 KWh, so I am pretty sure it never woke.

I suspect you will advise me a VMM and/or facotry reset? Or should I be doing something else?

Thanks

PS: right now resting reason is 36=unknown. Not sure what it was this morning.
Mind you, at this precise moment, it is dark enough to actually be resting.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

cybermaus

Quote from: zoneblue on March 28, 2014, 06:53:24 PM
I guess you didnt read the thread containing the firmware link!

Maybe. This is the link I got it from and even re-reading it I do not see any hint about 36, battery temp or VMM. But such info may be in the other beta thread, and I agree I could have more proactively dug through that. Sorry. But heh, I was not angry or anything, just asked for a 2nd opinion.

Annoyingly, I was considering while I was updating if I should do a reset regardless of it not being in (my version) of the instruction, just out of good practice. Don't even remember why I decided not to.

zoneblue

Look down 5 posts from that! No worries.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

boB

Yeah, I should have some kind of text in the message area of the status screen that tells you what it going
on with the reason for resting.   At least for some of them, like this one.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me