Newest BETA firmware. 4-21-14

Started by Halfcrazy, April 22, 2014, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 27, 2014, 03:33:07 AM

I also had a lot of disconnects while using "Offline" data. It took 4-5 tries to get it to download so I could export.

Ryan

Ryan the one disconnect I saw yesterday was with the "Offline" data. BTW the Classic WDT reset that I reported here still happens with this version.

http://midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=1754.0
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

boB

Quote from: Resthome on April 27, 2014, 12:23:55 PM
Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 27, 2014, 03:33:07 AM

I also had a lot of disconnects while using "Offline" data. It took 4-5 tries to get it to download so I could export.

Ryan

Ryan the one disconnect I saw yesterday was with the "Offline" data. BTW the Classic WDT reset that I reported here still happens with this version.

http://midniteforum.com/index.php?topic=1754.0

Yes, the offline data reading but is still there and will be for a while.  The way around this is to not have the MNGP sitting in the LOGs screen when downloading via the local app.

Was that the case, John ?   It should not reset from just downloading the offline data from local app if the MNGP is not doing the same thing.

And, David...
"3) RAR compression is not a compression format that is easily handled on OS X without downloading some third party app.  Zip would be more appropriate.  If you zipped those files on a Mac it would even preserve the execute permissions on the "mnupdate.py" file so you would be able to get rid of that entire paragraph on "chmod"ing it."

I thought that the usual Unix and Linux OS's could un-archive RAR files.   I will change this to
a TAR or GZIP format (or maybe both ?).

I'm not sure why it needs the moon.gif logo ?   Will look.

Thanks
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

David

Quote from: boB on April 27, 2014, 05:48:13 PM
And, David...
"3) RAR compression is not a compression format that is easily handled on OS X without downloading some third party app.  Zip would be more appropriate.  If you zipped those files on a Mac it would even preserve the execute permissions on the "mnupdate.py" file so you would be able to get rid of that entire paragraph on "chmod"ing it."

I thought that the usual Unix and Linux OS's could un-archive RAR files.   I will change this to
a TAR or GZIP format (or maybe both ?).

I'm not sure why it needs the moon.gif logo ?   Will look.

Thanks

I've NEVER seen anything distributed for the Mac using RAR  :P  TAR GZIP would work (.tgz) and is supported directly from the Finder in OS X.

Moon3.gif is referenced in the python file.

Resthome

Quote from: boB on April 27, 2014, 05:48:13 PM
Yes, the offline data reading but is still there and will be for a while.  The way around this is to not have the MNGP sitting in the LOGs screen when downloading via the local app.

Was that the case, John ?   It should not reset from just downloading the offline data from local app if the MNGP is not doing the same thing.

boB ,  that was the case, it is avoidable if your aware of the issue.  Still seeing the LA network Disconnects but only when in the Data Tab and mostly if you have been in the Offline Data window. Otherwise the network seems to be more stable with the LA than in the past. Will be looking over the data tonight, but so far everything seems to be good. No problems with MyMidNite so far. Would like to see the WBjr information added to MyMidNite.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

atop8918

+1 on the WBJr info on MyMidNite, John.
I've been working on this as well -- the mymidnite optimizations referenced before are part of the work associated with the WBJr. info. Slow but steady progress.

Thanks,
-A

David

As far as network changes, my OS X app had been polling every 0.5s for data and so far no issues.  With older firmware the Classic would eventually cease to respond to Modbus commands. 

Resthome

Quote from: atop8918 on April 28, 2014, 02:52:06 AM
+1 on the WBJr info on MyMidNite, John.
I've been working on this as well -- the mymidnite optimizations referenced before are part of the work associated with the WBJr. info. Slow but steady progress.

Thanks,
-A

Thanks Andrew..  that will be a great improvement for MyMidnite.
John

atop8918

Great news, David. Please let me know if it loses connectivity.

Thanks,
-A

ClassicCrazy

Today I updated to 1821 MNGP 4-14-2014 and 1849  4-21-2014 Classic firmware .

After charging all day the SOC is only showing 7% even though I know the batteries are full because it went through absorb and float .  The only place I read the SOC on the MNGP is on the Whizband Junior Shunt status screen. It is flashing 7% .  Didn't the SOC also used to show up on one of the other MNGP status screens ?

Last week I helped a friend update their system same updates and they said their SOC is not going to 100% either. I was going to wait until I posted this until tomorrow to see if it resets to 100% tomorrow morning but since my friend said theirs hasn't I thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing this same thing after the update ?

I have set the battery amphour size via Local Status App and other settings that were in the SOC setup. The only thing I didn't set was Whizbang  net amp hours resets at full - that is still at default setting No.

Both systems had the VMM reset by shutting power off and holding right and left arrow in on power up after the update .

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on May 03, 2014, 10:06:28 PM
Today I updated to 1821 MNGP 4-14-2014 and 1849  4-21-2014 Classic firmware .

After charging all day the SOC is only showing 7% even though I know the batteries are full because it went through absorb and float .  The only place I read the SOC on the MNGP is on the Whizband Junior Shunt status screen. It is flashing 7% .  Didn't the SOC also used to show up on one of the other MNGP status screens ?

Last week I helped a friend update their system same updates and they said their SOC is not going to 100% either. I was going to wait until I posted this until tomorrow to see if it resets to 100% tomorrow morning but since my friend said theirs hasn't I thought I would ask if anyone else is seeing this same thing after the update ?

I have set the battery amphour size via Local Status App and other settings that were in the SOC setup. The only thing I didn't set was Whizbang  net amp hours resets at full - that is still at default setting No.

Both systems had the VMM reset by shutting power off and holding right and left arrow in on power up after the update .

Something is strange because the SOC should not be flashing after it goes to Float the first time after powering up. Did you check the Aux 2 setting for the WBjr?  Also the very first Status screen some times called Home screen should alternate the Classic current stage and %SOC number. Another thing to check on the WBjr status screen is the Temp reading, make sure it is not reading -50C.
John

boB

The latest MNGP code (along with the Classic code) will not show -50 degrees anymore when the Aux2 is not talking with the WB Jr.  Instead it says  "NO WB" to let you know.

So, I'm not sure what is happening here because when naturally going from  Absorb to Float the SOC% should go to 100% and  stop flashing.  When it stops flashing/Blinking in the WB Jr. status screen, the SOC% should then be
alternatively be showing on the main status screen message area along with the charging stage, etc.

Another thing you can try is to go to go to the WB Jr. screen and then to the MORE screen.  Then, hold down the LEFT ARROW key while then pressing the ENTER key for a second or two.  This ~should~ set the SOC to 100% and also stop the flashing.

I don't know why the SOC% did not reset to 100% when it went to Float.  This software has been tested pretty good.
Dang !  Try the force 100% thing in the MORE screen and please let us know what happens.

Thanks
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Yes holding the left arrow and enter key set it to 100% and now on the 1st MNGP status screen bottom right is alternating between Batt 100% and Bulk MPPT . But I do notice that when I use status button to scroll through the sceens on MNGP when I get back to first Main Status screen sometimes MNGP will beep , sometimes the bottom right will flash a few strange things like Batt 476%, SMA Mode off ( think that is what it said ) , Float,  but only once and then go back to correct alternating Batt 100% /  Bulk MPPT . Now after trying that for awhile it seems to be more stable and just display what it is supposed to when going between screens .

I guess I never read manual before because I just discovered that if I hold Status Screen in it gives me info on that screen. Took me awhile here to understand what Enter forces new Sheep meant !

Later today after the batteries fill up I will shut off the PV and put some loads on it to see if it counts down from 100 % .

Thanks for the help. 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

I just checked my Classic here to make sure that the SOC% stops flashing when it goes from Absorb to Float (naturally goes to Float) and it did set it to 100% and stopped the flashing.  I tried this for both Ending Amps and timed Absorb to Float transition.  This was build 1849.

So, I'm not sure what happened in your case where it did not set itself to 100%.  That's a good one.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Been working that way for me also boB.
John

ClassicCrazy

The only thing I can think is that after I did the update and VMM reset I only put in one or two settings via MNGP . Then I used Local Status App to program in the correct setpoints and I think I hit Force Absorb or Force Float when doing that. My friend may have done the same thing too. So maybe that messes up the normal cycle .  Might be worth an experiment on your test setup to see if that is what caused it.
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable