Strange behavior in a Follow me schema

Started by Pac0, May 10, 2014, 09:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Have you tried it with Follow Me unplugged and follow me disabled on both units?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Pac0

Yes I did it, and each Classic works normally, following the cycles Bulk MPPT until Absortion, then Float.
Only is necessary uncheck the Follow me option in one of the Classics. You can keep wired the controllers. I have tested all the possibilities, to see what is the condition. But by the moment it escapes to my comprehension.

I did a modbus search in the registers, just in case there was something "bad" in some flag. But reg. 4160 was "zero" in both. The only strange that I founded has been in the Lite 150 in the reg. 4143 thas has the value 1800, but it shows in the Local App panel 30 minutes, or 1500 (seconds) and it has too the strange value of 5402 (secons) in the three registers: 4139, 4154 and 4236, when it shows 01:30:00.

Well if anyone is wondering how I could access the registers, don't worry but in addition to be a "suffered user". I was a programmer  in the industrial sector and I have a Modbus utility that can read registers. This is the easy part.... Understand then is another thing...

Resthome

Quote from: Pac0 on May 13, 2014, 03:50:12 PM
Yes I did it, and each Classic works normally, following the cycles Bulk MPPT until Absortion, then Float.

Only is necessary uncheck the Follow me option in one of the Classics. You can keep wired the controllers. I have tested all the possibilities, to see what is the condition. But by the moment it escapes to my comprehension.

Does it still reboot the wrong controller with FM disconnected?

And 1800 seconds is 30 minutes. 1500 is only 25 minutes.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Pac0

Hi John,
Yes I got confused... I saw (actually was I wrong) 25 minutes in the parameter (1500) and 1800 in the register.
And No, when they are Follow Me disconnected this not happens. But really I didn't needed earlier to use this button, nor had seen it until now...

Well folks,  today the controllers are working together like good friends, and at this moment they are in Absortion ¿?. (cross your fingers).

I will test them during this week and I will report if they return to "go bad".

Thank You for your time and advice.
Paco

Pac0

The evidence says that when both Classics are in Follow Me mode. Is necessary a value that could be reached in the rebulk volts parameter. By default is assigned to 8 volts. I had assigned it to 23,5 volts and the Classics have only restarted the cycle the only day the batteries reached this value...

Today I have changed the value to 24V, (easier to achieve) to confirm my hypotesis...