How do you charge 24 volt system with 48 volt dc generator?

Started by solarvic, April 24, 2011, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarvic

I had this topic a little over a year ago on arizona wind and sun forum and would like to get some imput from experts from this forum.  What I have is a 48 volt dc generator used for telecom. Since I have 2 24 volt inverters I would like to use them and still be able to charge the 24 vdc battery system with this generator. Generator will make 96 amp dc. The generator is high quality Alphatech with a koehler generator with alpha using thier ecm to control the system. I am not too concerened about losses as I am going to run it from my gaswell. I think I probably will have a battery bank with 400 amp l-16 but havn,t bought them yet. I had 2 suggested solutions before. See if you guys come up with any better solutions.
   :)solarvic :)
Fronuis inverters and sharp, kyocera, mittsubushi solar panels.

solarvic

A sugestion was to use a charge controler from the 48 volt generator to charge 24 volt batterys. I thought since midnight solar makes things to regulate voltages that someone here could tell me if that will work. The generator can charge 95 amp at Voltage needed to charge 48 volt system.   Vic  Solarvic
Fronuis inverters and sharp, kyocera, mittsubushi solar panels.

Halfcrazy

The Classic would work BUT 96 amps at 48vdc will be to many amps for one Classic so I am going to have to think about this. You could probably use one Classic 150 and let the current limiter regulate the output amperage.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time