News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

which software?

Started by leeelson, May 20, 2014, 07:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeelson

I'd like to download daily power generation, preferably in .csv format, in order to generate cumulative power data over days. I'd like to do this via my LAN and not connect the Classic to the internet. Is there software (PC or Linux) that will do this?

TomW

Quote from: leeelson on May 20, 2014, 07:01:01 PM
I'd like to download daily power generation, preferably in .csv format, in order to generate cumulative power data over days. I'd like to do this via my LAN and not connect the Classic to the internet. Is there software (PC or Linux) that will do this?

I am logging pretty much everything to flat text files now using a few scripts and a Linux binary RossW created that polls the Classic over  ethernet TCP /IP Modbus access.

Just don't give the Classic the gateway IP and it cannot get to the internet.

Once you have the data you can extract any info you want over any length of time. Awk, sed. perl, etc can massage the data quite handily.

The daily KWH figure would be reset at 23:59 so you would want to use the value before it resets each day. That is your KWH (Energy) for the previous day.  The Classic also keeps track internally of lifetime KWH. That number from various days will give you another way to watch cumulative values and plot lots of pretty graphs.

Battery volts and Solar power graphs for prior 24 Hrs here.  Energy is boring to graph it just goes up and up  ::)

You can get a data dump stream from the USB port, also but it is not as complete as Modbus.

Many ways to defur that data to process feline.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

leeelson

Quote from: TomW on May 20, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

The daily KWH figure would be reset at 23:59 so you would want to use the value before it resets each day. That is your KWH (Energy) for the previous day.  The Classic also keeps track internally of lifetime KWH. That number from various days will give you another way to watch cumulative values and plot lots of pretty graphs.

It must also store the daily kwh total for each day somewhere since I can see it in the logs for each day, but are you saying it also stores lifetime KWH for each day or does it just update the lifetime KWH value each day?