Network resets

Started by Resthome, June 13, 2014, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

I don't know what happen but the network was great with reduced resets until this week. Nothing has changed with the LA and firmware is still 1849. Now I am have multiple disconnect from the network and for the first time one that required the Classic to be powered off and back on to connect. So looks like the network issues still exist with the LA.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

zoneblue

I will try to put blackbox box in one minute cron mode, and see what that does. Be interesting to see.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

Westbranch

this may or may not be am issue with Network, but... 

Last  weekend I got the LA to work on one Classic, poked around and shut it down.

this weekend I plugged into same Classic, nada.  Played around with trying to get it recognized, saw that bytes Received was in the millions  but Sent was in the digits.  Played with Off/On a bit, unplugging etc, and saw a a blip of the LA saying 'Communicating" before it said 'no connection'...?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

atop8918

I'm curious to now if this is actually and AIR issue . Did anyone notice if AIR had updated before the network badness started happening again. The wide variety of luck with connecting to the Classic may be more to do with the Host-side rather than the Classic itself. Just a guess -- I'm still kicking myself that I went with AIR instead of something a little more predictable.

mike90045

I've recently done the AIR update, and the new Local App,  and I think when I reverted to the older local app, the connection reliability improved.  The new app is just not able to stay connected.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

atop8918

That's very interesting.
The latest Local App only displays one extra register on the screen. Nothing changed in networking, no additional controls were added, no crazy features -- jut put one extra value on the screen for debugging.  It makes me wonder if the AIR networking has been the problem all along as far as Local App disconnects....

Halfcrazy

Yes I have not let air update on purpose and mine seems fine. I will let Air update now and see if all goes south?
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

My last AIR update was 5/11/14  I monitored the system over Memorial Day for almost 2 weeks and did not have the network issues then. This whole network disconnect is strange. As far as I know the Classic had not restarted for long time. I'm not doing the reset at midnight. Almost back to the firmware update since it has been restarted. So I rebooted after having two days of constant network disconnects. Guess what, back to being fairly stable. Only disconnects are with the OFFLINE DATA exports. So what happen to the Classic that that a reboot straightened it out. As I mention it had one of the disconnects that other have had that would not connect until I rebooted. That is the first one of those I have had.  ???
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA