issues since FW update to 1849

Started by ultraschall81, May 21, 2014, 02:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoneblue

Couple of other thoughts, looking at your screens.

1. Fit the battery temp sensor, it can make quite a bit of diff to the charge voltage.
2. The float screen shows 35V pv, battery 27v. This is not alot of headroom  for a mppt controller, and if your cable is long or too thin, or any kind of interconnection losses occur, that might be enough to make it not charge correctly.

It would help if you could give a full system spec.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

ultraschall81

Hi Bob, ZB,

INSOMNIA was the key. Yesterday evening I unchecked it and the classic went to resting over night. Today in the morning, it started to charge with bulk. It looks like everything works well now. Let's see how the behaviour is today evening/tomorrow morning.
Thanks bob!

@ Zoneblue: the system was working since September last year. I could not remember if I had the insomnia mode on or off but I believed it was on, since my small offset between Vbat and Vsolar. And if it was on, it was working fine for the last months.

I wonder If there is a bug in Insomnia mode?

Just same facts of my Solar system:
It was built with some other cc's with a lower Voc (55V). I found a SW-Bug, send them back and ordered a Classic lite in Spain. (Unfortunately the Midnite products are not available in Germany !!!!!)

I have 12 195Wp mono modules (Vmpp ~ 35V). Always 2 are connected in parallel on one 'string'-cable. In the basement they are combined and connected to the Classic. As battery I have 8 200ah LiFePo4 Cells. Inverter is a Victron Energy Multiplus 3KVA. Since march I have additional 1Kwp AC-coupled.

Christian

boB

Glad you found the insomnia button !

Quote from: ultraschall81 on June 02, 2014, 02:25:17 AM

I wonder If there is a bug in Insomnia mode?

Not sure.  Do you mean maybe that the Classic did not go from Float back to Bulk/Absorb after being on all night ?

If the classic does not go to Resting after 24 hours, it ~should~ automatically go back to Bulk charge mode if it had gone to
Float the day before.

I wonder why you can't get Classics in Germany ?  I was in Munich last year for Intersolar and did see some Classics
but maybe they were only for show and not available there.  Then again, it might be some kind of CE thing ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ultraschall81

Quote from: boB on June 03, 2014, 02:12:48 AM
Not sure.  Do you mean maybe that the Classic did not go from Float back to Bulk/Absorb after being on all night ?
Yes, the classic is in the afternoon normally in Float-stage. When the sun goes down, it stays in Float. In the next morning it is in bulk but without any current flowing in the battery.

Last september I tired to find a german shop, without success. I ordered it at  http://www.prismsolar.co.uk/shop/ . I guess it was the only available internet shop in europe.
This is a pity, because I think the classic is a very good and flexible charger with an easy interface (modbus) for your own logging, etc.
Most of the available (powerful) chargers in germany are Morningstar (Tristar) and Outback (And a couple of ebay china @*#&)

Thanks for your help.

mike90045

i too have been getting Resting 104 unknown, and have just disabled Insomnia (it seemed like a good idea).  i'll know tomorrow if it helped.

This insomniac going to bed now.
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

boB

Quote from: mike90045 on June 16, 2014, 03:28:07 AM
i too have been getting Resting 104 unknown, and have just disabled Insomnia (it seemed like a good idea).  i'll know tomorrow if it helped.

This insomniac going to bed now.

RFR 104   is a WDT watchdog reset

Read the DB5 number off the screen in the next revision of the Local App status panel for the possible clue.

One thing that WILL WDT reset the Classic is if two monitors are trying to access the Classic's logging data at the same time.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me