Classic, no display

Started by VicB, August 07, 2014, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicB

New system. I have two classic charge controller systems, each system consists of 3 classic lites and a breaker panel.

From start up i am not getting any display on either of the classic display screens.  Anybody had this before ?

Rybren

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the Lites have display screens, just LEDs.  Are the LEDs not flashing for you?
4 x 210W PV, Classic 150, e-panel, Samlex PST-1500-24, 232AH 24V

atop8918

Yeah, the Lites do not have any display other than status LEDs.

VicB

The lites front panel are not connected. The lites are daisy chained (3) together and the display is a single Classic display which is not showing

Same problem or both systems

any ideas?

dgd

Hi,
So with each system you have set up each lite using the MNLP switches and the display panel (MNGP) you have fitted to one of the Lites? The three are then wired up as explained in follow me settings in manual.
You have also used the local app on a network computer/laptop to connect to each lite and review/change settings s needed then reswitched the MNLP panels to custom mode. Also from local app config then tech menu you have set the modbus address for one lite to 10 (the default), another to 11 and third to 12?
Then from the lite with the MNGP attached you can scroll between Classics on the MNGP using the MNGP's  buttons? left status round button I think  :)

If this is not what you have done then please outline what you have done
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

Quote from: VicB on August 08, 2014, 07:05:41 AM
The lites front panel are not connected. The lites are daisy chained (3) together and the display is a single Classic display which is not showing

Same problem or both systems

any ideas?

Are they wired properly?

So let me ask this:
1- How long is the cable between the MNGP (Display) and the Classic?
2- What jack is that cable plugged into on the classic? Top, middle or bottom?

Also lets talk about the Follow me cables do you have 3 of them going from:
1- Middle of classic 1 to bottom of classic 2
2- Middle of classic 2 to bottom of classic 3
3- Middle of classic 3 to bottom of classic 1

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time