Reason For Resting - RFR Table (from a boB post)

Started by Vic, August 11, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljane

Quote from: Vic on August 11, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

ReasonForResting = 104  Watchdog WDT reset (only at boot until first RFR)

The problem with paying attention to what's going on with your system is that you start seeing scary messages like the one above! Is this something to be concerned about?

Is it something that could be caused by the Classic 150 getting too warm? The fan seems to run almost all the time -- it's noticeable when it stops.

Thanks,
Laura
9 SolarWorld SW300 MONO 48V 300W panels
Midnite Solar Classic 150 CC (no WB Jr)
Schneider Electric SW4048 inverter/charger
3 SimpliPhi 3.8 (legacy model) 48V LiFePO4 batteries

off-grid unless I plug into shore power

I'm a n00b...please be gentle!

boB

Quote from: ljane on January 21, 2022, 11:09:12 AM
Quote from: Vic on August 11, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

ReasonForResting = 104  Watchdog WDT reset (only at boot until first RFR)

The problem with paying attention to what's going on with your system is that you start seeing scary messages like the one above! Is this something to be concerned about?

Is it something that could be caused by the Classic 150 getting too warm? The fan seems to run almost all the time -- it's noticeable when it stops.

Thanks,
Laura

Hi Laura

Does your Classic have the A-Rst turned on in the TWEAKS menu ?   If so, that might have come from the night before at midnight.

WDT is how it causes the reset to occur in that case.

The Classic should not reset because of getting too warm.  When the Classic does get hot like, around 90 degrees C on the FET TEMP, it will just reduce the output power  until the temperature falls some.  That's what it SHOULD do anyway.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me