Ground Fault Illuminated

Started by reprepper, August 15, 2014, 08:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reprepper

We had a very bad thunder storm today. It knocked out two transformers and many of the fused links on our power lines. I am pretty sure it killed my wireless internet antenna mounted on my house. But the worst is that I now have two Classic Lites with red Ground Fault indicators illuminated. I disconnected PV and Inverter and did a hard reset. Still nice and bright red lites on. I have stripped everything but battery cables and still have red lites. The manual said the ground fault is supposed to be self healing, so I assume it is more than just a ground fault.

No! I do not have lighting arrestors because this crap never happens to me.

Any ideas? Chuck em or send them off the be repaired?

Thanks,
reprepper

Halfcrazy

Email me ryan@midnitesolar.com I will have some things for you to check first and then we can do an RMA and evaluate the damage for you
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

mahendra

i don't have lighting regular too but it only takes one hit to loose a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$ i think the cost for lighting arrestors is minimal to all of the other expensive equipment.
1.5kw on Midnite classic 150(whizbang jr.) networked 0.660kw on classic lite 200 ,180ah CALB Lifepo4 48v battery bank,123SmartBMS bms(top balanced) Outback vfx3648

Westbranch

And unless you reside in the contiguous USA, the shipping alone will cost more than one SPD  :o :o
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

TomW

I find the SPD's to be good peace of mind and relatively cheap insurance. I have them on everything except the satellite TV and internet cables. Insurance may pay to replace but the down time is something you cannot replace.

I won the lightning strike lottery more than once so it is a no-brainer for me.  ;D

Sorry you got zapped hope it is an easy fix via email  and an RMA is not necessary.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies