Firmware Updates and what they added or fixed

Started by Halfcrazy, May 26, 2011, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

This release should be on the website Monday. I am out of the office Monday so I wanted to get ahead of the curve  8)
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Watt

windpro

Am I correct to assume this version with the items listed below is not released yet?  These are future items to be covered in the next release (potential labled 7-2-2012)?

Quote from: Halfcrazy on July 01, 2012, 10:55:04 AM
Sorry I have gotten behind on this. For Clarity I removed any posts that where not actual firmware upgrade items.

There where a few firmware releases between the last on posted and the upcoming release on 7-2-2012 below are some of the added functions.

*Some Graphing and Logging changes for clarity and functionality
*More changes to Hydro mode for greater functionality
*Fans turn on at a higher temp and also turn off 5 minutes after the classic goes to resting
*Added ModBus port adjustment to MISC menu
*Added Build number to the firmware version status screen
*Clipper mode has a absolute high Voltage set point now
*Added Dairyland wind power curve and some other curves as well
*Fixed issue with Lifetime KWH
*Changes to the EQ menu for clarity
*Added DC clipper mode for Midnites DC clipper

Halfcrazy

No sorry about that anything you see here is now in the Classic. I missed a few and could not remember the date of that release of the top of my head.

Ryan

Halfcrazy

MidNite Solar Beta Revision 1070
Beta Released 10-2-2012

Revision 1070, Released 10-2-2012 Includes:

Modbus password Jumper initialized for security
    Made changes to Absorb Timer as well as added VariMAX
    Amp Hours functionality
    Added the missing 1 in the T-Comp menu of the 250KS
    Fixed Solar mode to eliminate the stuck at battery voltage issue

If you experience any unusual behavior please try a "Quick Start" by first turning the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the first "Solar, Wind or Hydro" screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic.

Halfcrazy

Stay tuned I am testing some Networking code here that allows Float and EQ and what not to be coordinated. It also allows one Battery temp sens on multiple classics as well. Should have something in Beta by the first of the week.

Ryan

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on October 19, 2012, 06:24:15 AM
Stay tuned I am testing some Networking code here that allows Float and EQ and what not to be coordinated. It also allows one Battery temp sens on multiple classics as well. Should have something in Beta by the first of the week.

Ryan

Just what I need, Thanks for these updates.     Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dbcollen

you guys have both the production and beta firmwares labeled v.1070 but with different dates in the firmware page

Halfcrazy

Yes Beta firmware will carry the old rev number. We do not assign new rev numbers until the firmware is put into production.

Ryan

dbcollen

how can you have a production and beta software as the same version at the same time, once it is production it is no longer a beta..... no?

boB

Quote from: dbcollen on October 26, 2012, 09:31:20 PM
how can you have a production and beta software as the same version at the same time, once it is production it is no longer a beta..... no?

You're right !  It has to change slightly just to change the rev number.

That's' OK because there are still changes being made and another beta to check out soon.

This one was mainly for checking out the networking software and the VMX function.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Tritium

Just got my Classic 150 in Today (good riddance Outback ::)) and I need clarification. The Wizard has been removed and I do not need to input Latitude and Longitude of my location so the controller knows when Sunup and Sundown occur.

Thurmond

Halfcrazy

Correct. The Long and Lat did not do anything.

Ryan

Resthome

Ryan..

It would be great to see this thread with updates on the firmware. It seems a little dated.   :'(
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

Yes I apologize I have been slacking on that. I will try to update this asap