1933 FW Driver download

Started by mobywile, January 19, 2015, 06:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobywile

New guy here.  I am trying to download the new FW to my two Classic Lites.  I have followed all the instructions (I think) and I cannot get my computer to find the drivers - anywhere.  I took your techies' advice and got a used laptop.  It has Windows Vista and I see on another forum that earlier versions of the FW were downloaded with Vista.  I even made a disc to insert when prompted and it did not find drivers there, either.  I admit I'm new to a lot of this, but I have been completely off-grid here since 1980 and have a little experience.  Mostly electrical, though.  Thanks, Moby
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.
Off-grid since 1980 and, maybe, done growing my system

CDN-VT

Moby , try to download again & then make sure you save it (Right click mouse )( and save as ) on the desktop . When you learn this well , I always pick a area & folder I know it will land in .

VT ..

Now read the threads about all the ropes you need to skip for this new firmware , After you concur the download .
Make sure you don't stop the machines not working because there are some steps I read last week on this .
Mine are OK so I will wait .

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

mike90045

Windoze strikes again .      The Default is to HIDE file extensions.  This obscures the fact the the files downloaded from Midnight, are NOT drivers, they are an Install Package.  A self-extracting installer that installs icons, unpacks drivers, installs the firmware implanter program and just prepares things for the next step.

So, if I read your question correctly, does this answer it ?
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

mobywile

Thanks you guys.  Yep, it was all buried in a subfolder of a subfolder.  I spent the afternoon with a tech-savvy friend and we looked everywhere and found the software/firmware in 2 places. 
Two problems; (1) I am the third owner of this laptop.  It was over protected and had way too much stuff on it; (2)I had the WiFi on and Windows thought it needed to spend and inordinate amount of time searching for the drivers somewhere - who KNOWS where?
Formatting the computer, reinstalling the OS and then starting over did the trick. 
9PM and I now have the firmware updated on both Classic Lites, the MNGP happy, Follow Me cooking along with its blue LEDs percolating, and we await the sun!!!
I have had tech assistance from Jim and Raechel and am very greatful for the Forum responses.
'Nite All.  Moby
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.
Off-grid since 1980 and, maybe, done growing my system

WizBandit

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me