100 amp breaker / disconnect

Started by microage97, January 29, 2015, 02:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Hi Wb,

The "QO/QOB â€" Available with dc voltage ratings from 48 Vdc to 125 Vdc"  IS news to me.

However,  the operative word may well be,  "Available".   In some industries,  "available" means that if you want/need something,  it can be specified when ordered,  and you will pay extra for that option.  Certainly do not know from any DATA,  however.

Did poke around on the Schneider site,  and simply do not have the time to try to find any new spec for QO series breakers --  the Schneider site has become totally incomprehensible to me.

But,  speaking to microage's stated need,  unless the upper end of current ratings has been extended,    the QOs available in retail distribution,  there appears to be nothing in the 100 Amp rated range.

Also,  the QO (not the QOU)  breakers and Loadcenters are use a Push-On connection to the busbar.  This busbar connection depends on the spring force that comes from breaker's Line connection.  Whereas,  with the MN MNEPV and MNEDC breakers,  both the line and load side connections are via screw or nut  compression -- superior IMO.

All FWIW.  Back to work,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

mobywile

That 70a SD-D QO breaker is available at Home Depot.  In-stock here in Colorado.  Bit pricey, though.
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.
Off-grid since 1980 and, maybe, done growing my system

mobywile

Wow.  The Homeline is in-stock.  Nothing on a single pole 70 QO.  SORRY>>>
18x Suntech 180S-24, 2x MN Classic Lite 150 with remote MNGP, MN WBJr. 6x SimpliPhi 3.8 Kw 24vdc, , Magnum 4024 PAE.
Off-grid since 1980 and, maybe, done growing my system

microage97

Well I decided to go with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KOTALG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am using a 200 amp model on my inverter so I figure it should do the trick.

Vic

Hi microage97,

Thanks for the update.

Those Breakers should be OK -- they have an Interrupt rating of  3kA at 28 V:

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/bussmann/Transportation/Resources/catalog_pages/BUS_Tns_Series_187_MRCB.pdf

Did not see a spec on the number of cycles Switching or Tripping for the Bussman breakers.

You have a fairly large battery bank -- about 675 AH at 24 V,  as I guess it.

The MNEPV breakers have an interrupt rating of 10 kA at 150 VDC max,  and are Rated at 10,000 Trip cycles at full-rated current,  IIRC>

All FWIW,   Good Luck,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!