New firmware for the Ethernet lockup issues 2/19/2015

Started by Halfcrazy, February 19, 2015, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Andrew has been crushing bugs and tweaking TCP/IP and thinks he has it licked. We do know there is a bug in the Local App also that can cause issues here and there and will be working on that.

So for those that are having problems and want to try the new code remember it is BETA. It will also break the connection to My Midnite as this code has all the good stuff for the new server. So this means you can Beta test the new My Midnite also if you like (PM me for the IP address and URL etc)

This update is assuming you are using a PC that has updated a Classic before and has the driver all installed and working (if not stop here and give us a shout)

Download this file http://ryan.midnitesolar.com/install_1900.zip and unpack it some where that you can find it.

Now with the power off to the classic follow these steps:

1-Open the file labeled install_1900
2- Double click on the file named "classicnetup.BAT"
3- Follow the prompts in the black boxes and turn power on to the classic when told to, Com 8 should open and percentage should count up
4- Black boxes will close automatically, when they do turn the power off to the classic
5- Double click the file named "classicxxx.BAT' where xxx is 150,200 or 250
6- Follow the prompts in the black boxes and turn power on to the classic when told to, Com 8 should open and percentage should count up
4- Black boxes will close automatically, when they do turn the power off to the classic and back on

that should be it, as always check the settings after you are done to make sure nothing changed. And let us know here asap if you see anything bad.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

I'd like to add that this is more like an ALPHA test. That means it is most likely broken and you should go into testing being fully aware that it is most likely buggy and will not work as expected.

This will not work with the current MyMidNite server. You will have to point both your browser and your classic to the test server:

browser:
https://50.57.186.168/

Classic (MM) on the MNGP->NET menu / DNS Override on the Local App:

****NOTE that you will have to reboot the Classic for the DNS override setting to take effect!

Anyone who had an account on mymidnite as of about this time last year should be able to log on with no problems. If you have added any new devices or have made an account since then, please PM me or email me at webmaster@mymidnite.com along with your device info and I'll get your devices registered.

This is a test server and will most likely not work as expected. You may not get emailed with account details, you may be missing datapoints, it might simply not work at all. Please take note of all the problems you see and let me know about them in this thread or through the email address above or the forum PM system.

Please also note that any data logged to this test server WILL MOST LIKELY BE DELETED at the end of the testing period.

Thanks!
-Andrew

ClassicCrazy

Ryan,
Do we need to do VMM after this ? If not will it delete all our setpoints and all those need to be re-entered ?

Thanks,
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Halfcrazy

You should not need to do a VMM and no it "should not" change any settings but please do verify that
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

You can also now use the Local App to export your settings first, then do the updgrade and VMM, then reload your old settings back. The import/export feature is new as of Local App 0.3.65 found under the Configuration menu.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: atop8918 on February 19, 2015, 12:51:34 PM
You can also now use the Local App to export your settings first, then do the updgrade and VMM, then reload your old settings back. The import/export feature is new as of Local App 0.3.65 found under the Configuration menu.

Didn't know about the import export feature - something I very much look forward to using.
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Just loaded the updates - they seemed to go fine.

Logged into the new beta mymidnite site ( had to make exception to okay because of some kind of untrusted site certificate ?)

I was able to log in but don't see any data yet -showing me this message

This Classic has not been able to communicate with the server for more than 2 weeks. Check your device's network connection and consider upgrading its firmware.

Info on the Beta Mymidnite site says I have 1849 firmware but I have the newest firmware
this is what Local Status App says I have

Firmware:     
- Classic Rev: 1923
- Network Rev: 1824

I will check back into later to see if it collects anything .

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Hi, Larry,
Thanks for helping us test this out. Just as a sanity check -- have you changed the MM/DNS override address on the classic(s) to 50.57.186.168 as well?

The untrusted site cert is normal as there is no DNS associated with the test instance and I just used a self-signed cert to enable the https TLS encryption.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: atop8918 on February 21, 2015, 12:53:58 PM
Hi, Larry,
Thanks for helping us test this out. Just as a sanity check -- have you changed the MM/DNS override address on the classic(s) to 50.57.186.168 as well?

The untrusted site cert is normal as there is no DNS associated with the test instance and I just used a self-signed cert to enable the https TLS encryption.

I don't know what the MM/DNS override is so I guess I did not change it - something I need to do ? I will look in menu's to see if I can spot it .
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

I found a MM setting on second screen of NET menu - it was all zeros so just put in the 50.57.186.168
also changed the D1 above it but still no success reading anything on the mymidnite beta
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Hi, Larry,
Sorry I didn't mention it above but when the DNS override is changed it requires a reboot of the Classic to take effect. You can reboot with the Local App Config->Basic->Bully menu or by flipping the PV and Battery breakers to the Classic.

ClassicCrazy

Success !
Could not seem to get it to work yesterday when I was pushing buttons via the MNGP but just tried it again using Local Status App and did the Bully reset - this time connected up to the new site. I also see some of my data from yesterday was in there too.

I will check it out - good to see System Amps and other settings on there now ! I guess that means that there will be some valuable information on the charts now at night instead of just a flat line.  And no more three only limit on the graph .

Thanks for the changes - looking forward to see how it looks when I get more data in there.

Larry 
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

ClassicCrazy

Looks good so far - though the Energy scale says wh instead of kwh  and the numbers don't seem to match what the Classic is reporting.

Status does not report - says unknown(771)  except I have seen it report Resting.

How often do these readings update from the Classic to to MyMidnite beta site ?

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Excellent. Please keep the bug list coming and I will try to squash as many as possible for release.
The update is once every 5 minutes, although we may have to dial this back for general release.

ClassicCrazy

Here are few more comments

Is there no way to ever have those graphs auto scale so there is not for example 60 amp scale for 1 amp graph ? Same for battery voltage and others .

On the main Mymidnite beta page there is a tab that says pressme and does nothing - it is above my system name. When I was trying to first get everything going I made a Test tab but it won't let me delete it.

The only Icons key I have seen is the Padlock which means password enabled. Maybe you have not implemented the others yet ?

Not sure if you can figure out a way to do it - but with a 5 minute or more report time it may make it very difficult to ever spot the ending amps point . Ideally for setting up a new system you would want to watch the lines of SOC and system amps merge  - so when SOC got counted up to 100 percent you could tell about where system amps was leveling out yet. That way with a check of the specific gravity of battery electrolyte a person could more easily determine that. Would there ever be a way to make user selectable report rates ?  Could one person have one  minute reports and less history than someone with 5 minute reports ? Is the limitation what your servers can store ?

I am watching the Mymidnite beta this week but since I am not there and no loads it won't be too exciting until I get back and use some power.

The new Mymidnite beta page has some real advantages over the old one so thanks again .

Larry

system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable