New firmware for the Ethernet lockup issues 2/19/2015

Started by Halfcrazy, February 19, 2015, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atop8918

Hi, Larry,
Thanks again for checking things out for us. To answer your questions:

- I am currently working on an auto scale feature which will peg the graphs to the max and min points for the selected data range instead of auto-scaling, to use your example, 1-amp graph to a 60 amp scale.
- All the icons are implemented so if you aren't seeing any others then it may be a bug. 'Course there may also not be any other active warnings as well. Keep an eye on it and let me know if it's stuck on just the password enable icon.
- The pressme is a debugging button for checking to see if I can download legacy data -- you may see weird buttons like this pop up from time to time. You should feel free to press them -- I'll put up a warning or something if they do bad things.
- THe test tab not getting deleted is definitely a bug -- I'll have to look into that and see if I can find the problem.

- Unfortunately allowing higher resolution graphing is not really a possibility -- it's a question of the server more than anything else. If enough people suddenly turned up the logging frequency then the server would crash and pull the whole system down. MyMidNite is intended more of a gross system analysis tool rather than a tweaking tool -- the Local App is meant for that kind of high-resolution data logging; to use your example again, for determining an appropriate setting for ending amps.

Thanks again for the help!

ClassicCrazy

Another thing I just noticed is Float time says
Float:   04:02:15 d:h:m

I think it should be labeled h:m:s   for hours minutes seconds instead

Now that you mention it maybe I wouldn't have gotten any of those other icons after I looked at the list again.  I was thinking there would be one for Float but that would be in the Status which I had already reported not displaying.

Yes on the graph scale is like you said  is what I meant - so that you can see a sharper curve for smaller changes.

Does the Local Status App let you graph System Amps and SOC ? If it does then yeah - that is the way to do it and Mymidnite beta is just fine.

Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

That's a good point -- not sure if the local app was updated with those values. If not then it can be done.

Resthome

WBjr % SOC is a graphical point in the Local App along with the WBjr Amps, WBjr AH +, WBjr AH -, WBjr AH (net), and WBjr AH Remaining. Remember it takes putting more Amp/Hours back in than what was removed to fully charge the batteries back up.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Doesn't the 94% efficiency parameter on the SOC setup take care of compensating for the extra amps in - so when it reads 100% full it has actually put in more than it took out right ?
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

I've got my efficiency factor set to 90% (Battery Bank 1 1/2 years old) and when my SOC hits 100% it is still putting 19A into the batteries. My EA is set to 5A. the 5A is where my amps taper off on my graph. So I do not depend on the % SOC to determine my EA. I depend on where the WBjr Amps into  the batteries level off (flatten out on graph). There are a lot of factors such as Peukert's Law for SOC that are not in the MN SOC calculations.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 23, 2015, 04:02:37 PM
Doesn't the 94% efficiency parameter on the SOC setup take care of compensating for the extra amps in - so when it reads 100% full it has actually put in more than it took out right ?

Yes, that is what makes amp-hours going in slower than amp-hours coming out of the batteries.

SOC will stop going up after it hits 100% but you can still add amp-hours to the battery.  Not sure
what good it would do if it really is at 100% ?  If that is in Float, probably not much but if
in Absorb, it could help the batteries as long as it isn't done ALL the time.  Will also
waste some energy but if you have all this extra solar....

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on February 23, 2015, 06:27:33 PM
I've got my efficiency factor set to 90% (Battery Bank 1 1/2 years old) and when my SOC hits 100% it is still putting 19A into the batteries. My EA is set to 5A. the 5A is where my amps taper off on my graph. So I do not depend on the % SOC to determine my EA. I depend on where the WBjr Amps into  the batteries level off (flatten out on graph). There are a lot of factors such as Peukert's Law for SOC that are not in the MN SOC calculations.

I guess I would be looking for that same flattening point to find ending amps.  I know the SOC is dependent on how you set it up on capacity and efficiency. I have mine set up to pretty much agree so by the time SOC gets to 100%  the ending amps is leveling off, and the specific gravity will confirm all is well.

I want to help a friend find the correct ending amps and now that we have system amps to follow it is much easier to find that point , better than in the past staring at the input meter for a long time while making sure there were no loads.
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Yeah, I've looked a few more graphs and the SOC reaches 100% a lot closer to EA than the one I posted about earlier. More like around 8 Amps. I like to look at the graph of the data to see the leveling off.  You can see where it met the EA and when to Float.

Sorry for the off topic discussion.

John

ClassicCrazy

system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 24, 2015, 06:25:59 PM
What is the sample rate on that graph ?

It's 2 seconds per the time stamps. It's the live data dump from the Local App.
John

boB

Resthome. Could you do that WB Jr. current graph again except add battery voltage to it too ?

Can you post an excel file maybe too ?   Then we could add "Absorb" and "Float" to the display, etc.

as well as when the sun went down, etc.

That's a cool graph you got.  Shows the day in the life of a charge controller.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: boB on February 25, 2015, 07:42:29 PM

Resthome. Could you do that WB Jr. current graph again except add battery voltage to it too ?

Can you post an excel file maybe too ?   Then we could add "Absorb" and "Float" to the display, etc.

as well as when the sun went down, etc.

That's a cool graph you got.  Shows the day in the life of a charge controller.

boB

boB

This data was from April 6, 2014.  As you can see there was a gap in the data from 3:49pm to 7:16pm where I did not capture the data for some reason. Also it shows it going back to absorb at around 2:06pm for 1hr. I forced that for some reason can’t recall why.  It was in MPPT Float at 7:16pm when I started collecting data again and it was resting at 7:45pm.

I have the whole Excel file but its 1.8M so I can’t attach the file with the forum limits. Be glad to send it to you if you PM me with a location.

John

boB

That's cool !   I got the file and plotted the voltage on the right side so that it had its own scale
which zooms in a bit better.

I think I see the lapse in time but I'm not quite sure ?  You didn't do anything to bring it back ?

Hmmmm...    Is this the newest firmware ?  The firmware that Andrew posted for testing ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

CDN-VT

Quote from: Resthome on February 23, 2015, 06:27:33 PM
I've got my efficiency factor set to 90% (Battery Bank 1 1/2 years old)

Is there a menu tree photo or PDF . I haven't  pushed enough buttons yet :-) or im always going a different way and just keep missing it. I have found 5 menus just under tweak's . I find after a week or so , I need to relearn again.
A menu tree im sure would help many.
VT

Thanks Resthome
Found it under hit stasis button to take you into the WBjr setup menu that is for battery amp sizing & the rest !!
Once I learn how to draw a stick man , then I'll try a tree.
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels