New firmware for the Ethernet lockup issues 2/19/2015

Started by Halfcrazy, February 19, 2015, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: atop8918 on March 07, 2015, 11:43:18 AM
Excellent, thanks for checking, RH. Are you seeing any lock-ups or just the disconnects? I've been going through the Local App code and have been wondering if it's not more responsible for disconnects than the Classic itself!
Thanks for trying it out, though. I'll try to replicate on my end.

See my remark to Crazy...  About a year ago with older firmware I watched it with Wireshark and I believe it was the Classic that did not respond. That trace is here somewhere in the forums. Unfortunately, I do not have Wireshark on the laptop that I am using now.  I'll be on the boat until Monday so if there is anything you want me to try before then, let me  know.

Oh and no, no lockups, just the disconnect and then I auto reconnects with the disconnect message showing.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ClassicCrazy

Back to 3/8/14 I think - lots of dates don't show up. 380 lines . here is my file
I wonder if all the ##### dates are from turning the Classic on and off to do firmware updates ?
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 07, 2015, 02:29:46 PM
Back to 3/8/14 I think - lots of dates don't show up. 380 lines . here is my file
I wonder if all the ##### dates are from turning the Classic on and off to do firmware updates ?
Well that kills that idea.  Did see another disconnects today when in the Configure menues  and saving changes.  I think it was a total of 4 disconnect. Seem if you just leave it in the status screen it will stay connected. If you are writing or reading data is where it disconnects.

The ### are were the data is too big to fit in the column, just widen the column.

Strange you have about 33 enteries from 2003 and then more 2014 data. I would have thought those would have been over written by now. Have to look at on my phone.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

ClassicCrazy

Some of those old dates could be from some firmware update when it goofed up the clock and I had to reset it .
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Yesterday, I had left LA on Status page andk came back 3 times to find the disconnected message being displayed. It does reconnect but it seems to display the Retrying message for a longer time that in early versions. So for me the fixes did not help the disconnect. Was hopefully since it appears to be getting attention from Midnite. But that may have been directed at the MyMidnite web issues.  There appears to be no one thing that triggers the disconnects. But for me just leaving the LA connected. Going to try a hard wired connection to the router.
John

boB

I am connected to a Classic in another part of our building over wifi etc...   I always get this disconnected message after a while.
It has always re-connected though but I have to click OK and then VIEW again.  Not sure why
It stays up and running for maybe 1/2 hour to an hour or so ?  Have not timed it
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: boB on March 09, 2015, 01:49:26 PM
I am connected to a Classic in another part of our building over wifi etc...   I always get this disconnected message after a while.
It has always re-connected though but I have to click OK and then VIEW again.  Not sure why
It stays up and running for maybe 1/2 hour to an hour or so ?  Have not timed it

That's what I'm seeing boB. Sometimes it can occur quickly other times it can be a couple hours.  I'm trying a direct Ethernet cable from Classic to laptop to eliminate router and WiFi but I'm running laptop on batteries so I am limited to  about 5 hours of testing.
John

Westbranch

Quote from: Resthome on March 09, 2015, 04:14:12 PM
I'm running laptop on batteries so I am limited to  about 5 hours of testing.

Hmmmmm, I am wondering if it isn't also caused in part by the laptop going into power save mode while just loafing around on the desk??? or a screen saver?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Resthome

Quote from: Westbranch on March 09, 2015, 06:16:17 PM
Quote from: Resthome on March 09, 2015, 04:14:12 PM
I'm running laptop on batteries so I am limited to  about 5 hours of testing.

Hmmmmm, I am wondering if it isn't also caused in part by the laptop going into power save mode while just loafing around on the desk??? or a screen saver?

Nope that was for the direct connect test only. All other tests (WiFi) are with power and all timeouts with power are set to none. And I finally got it on power.

While the direct test is not conclusive because of time , only 3 1/2 hours there have been no disconnects so far.   We have to confine when we return in a few week as it is suppose to rain Wednesday so heading home.
John

boB

RH, you don't have a laptop power supply ?
How do you charge the batteries ?

Is this because it is a boat ?  No shore power ?
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Resthome

Quote from: boB on March 10, 2015, 12:51:30 AM
RH, you don't have a laptop power supply ?
How do you charge the batteries ?

Is this because it is a boat ?  No shore power ?

boB

Yep, no shore power.  But I have a 2000 Watt pure sine wave invertor on board. Just didn't have  an AC plug close to the Classic but I ran an extension cord so I could charge the laptop by the Classic.  Ran the laptop on Wifi for 4hrs with no disconnects but that was after Classic was resting. Heading home early in the morning. So more testing the direct connect to when we return in a few weeks.
John

Resthome

Okay, back at the lake for a few days. On the direct connect from lap top to Classic with no router or access point involved I ran the LA for almost 6 hours and there was only one way I could make the LA-Classic drop the connection. Had to be in the Data Offline screen of the Local App. It did not disconnect once the Export became highlighted it had to sit there for some period of time. The Classic was on the main Status screen. I tried this about five or 6 times.  Leaving it sit on Offline data would eventually cause the Local App to disconnect. Seems to be repeatable for me. However, in the other 6 hours of testing the direct connect I could not get it to disconnect.

And just prior to testing the direct connect I was using the WiFi connection and I was getting disconnects all the time every 5-10 minutes no matter what I was doing. Was also getting time out error messages when trying to get Offline data. It would just sit with no data in the offline window and then evenly get the time out message. Today after the auto reset at midnight it seems to be much better on WiFi

Of course the two tests are using different Network adapters on the Laptop. Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 for wireless and Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM for the Direct connect.   Don’t know why the Wireless is so prone to the disconnects. Good wireless signal as I am only 30 ft away from the wireless router.

Laptop on AC Power for all tests, and high performance power setting with all timeouts set to Never.
John

Resthome

Now for the next issue, I just discovered.

Don’t know if this is an issue with this alpha version of the firmware or just when it started. May have to revert back to last know good firmware to verify. Or maybe Larry can tell me if he has this issue with his Classic running the Alpha firmware.

The Graphs in the logging menu are blank. The curser is there and you can move the cursor across the screen and it will move like it following a line graph but there is no line being draw on the screen and the date showing up in the bottom of the screen is 00/00/2000 with a time of 00:00. The data it the text mode seems to be okay as I can step through it in the Daily or Hourly logs.

If no one else is seeing this I guess I will go back to the old firmware and see what happens.
John

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Resthome on March 25, 2015, 05:17:42 PM
Now for the next issue, I just discovered.

Don’t know if this is an issue with this alpha version of the firmware or just when it started. May have to revert back to last know good firmware to verify. Or maybe Larry can tell me if he has this issue with his Classic running the Alpha firmware.

The Graphs in the logging menu are blank. The curser is there and you can move the cursor across the screen and it will move like it following a line graph but there is no line being draw on the screen and the date showing up in the bottom of the screen is 00/00/2000 with a time of 00:00. The data it the text mode seems to be okay as I can step through it in the Daily or Hourly logs.

If no one else is seeing this I guess I will go back to the old firmware and see what happens.

Are you talking about the graphs on Local Status App - or on the MNGP , or on MyMidnite new test site ?
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

John