New firmware for the Ethernet lockup issues 2/19/2015

Started by Halfcrazy, February 19, 2015, 08:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

I can't try mine now to see since I not at my solar site. - I never use the MNGP for graphs and use either Local Status App or mainly MyMidnite which does not update as often but gives a good overview of what it going on. Have you tried the new MyMidnite site ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Thanks Larry. Maybe Andrew will drop by. Otherwise I'll just fall back to old firmware tonight.

I would use MyMidnite but only Internet connection is my iPhone and that is very spotty at the lake since CA is in a drought the lake is down 130 ft between the hills and canyon not much service thanks to Verizon.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Resthome

Okay, I rolled the Classic firmware back to the latest production code Classic 1923 12/18/2014, MNGP 1933 1/8/2015, Net 1839 and the log graphic are now drawing the line on the MNGP and the times are correct on the graph display. So in conclusion something in the Alpha firmware Andrew provided screwed up the drawing of the line for the graphs on the MNGP. And since it didn't solve any of the Local App network disconnect issues for me I'm sticking with the production firmware for now.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

ClassicCrazy

John
I just got back and tried the graph on the MNGP and it won't do anything. But I can't say I know what it is supposed to do since I never really used that screen before. I get the screen with just straight lines at the bottom going to Setup on bottom right but pressing the button below it does nothing.
loaded is
1933 1/8/2015 MNGP
1923 2/19/2015 Classic
and the network alpha network firmware  - but I am not going to go back because I like the new Mymidnite features
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 27, 2015, 10:49:50 PM
John
I just got back and tried the graph on the MNGP and it won't do anything. But I can't say I know what it is supposed to do since I never really used that screen before. I get the screen with just straight lines at the bottom going to Setup on bottom right but pressing the button below it does nothing.
loaded is
1933 1/8/2015 MNGP
1923 2/19/2015 Classic
and the network alpha network firmware  - but I am not going to go back because I like the new Mymidnite features
Larry

That screen is the O-scope that basically moves when the input voltage moves.  That has a couple of adjustments but not by pressing setup.

For quick instructions, press the status key until you are going to go to that screen and hold it.  While holding the status key, the basic info should show up...   This is true for several of the status screens upon entry.  This is kind  of hard to know about until you try it.  I am not sure if this is in the manual or not.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Yep Bob - worked -  holding status key in and it gives me more info on the next screen - thanks.
I haven't sat down an read the manual from one end to the other so maybe it is in there - maybe not !
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Resthome

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 27, 2015, 10:49:50 PM
John
loaded is
1933 1/8/2015 MNGP
1923 2/19/2015 Classic
Larry

Thanks Larry, here is the screens I was looking at.

If you go to the Logs menu and select Daily, you can then use the up/down arrows to select what to view on the left side. You can move to the right side to select a day. Day 1 is yesterday data.

Now press the soft key under the word Graph. Use the up/down arrows to select a parameter like FET T. Then use the left and right keys to move left and right on the graph and you will see the date change and the cursor will blink on the spot on the line graph the represents the data shown on left.

Selecting Hourly is the same but now the graph represent time. On the Alpha firmware there is no line drawn it just shows the cursor and the date was displaying 0/0/2000.  When I went back to the current production firmware the dates are correct and the line graph is drawn on the screen.

It would be nice to hear from Andrew on this.
John

Resthome

Wonder if the new MYMidnite site works with the current production code? I don't have an Internet connection to try it.
John

ClassicCrazy

Okay - I went to the log menu and followed your instructions but nothing shows up in graph - guess you had the same results.
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Hi, guys,
Sorry to be silent for so long.
John-- I'm sorry the new code wasn't working for you. The disconnects are probably due to the Local App being a bit to conservative when it comes to the Classic not responding -- there is no grace period there, it just shuts down the connection. Most client applications give a little bit of slack to the connected devices.
To answer your question, the older network code will work with the new MyMidNite (in fact I'd be grateful if someone tried it out); however, the WBJr readings are only available using the Alpha release of software.
I'm pushing to get all the bugs closed on the new MyMidNite so I can push it out to others and to fix any outstanding issues with the firmware (i.e. the logging problem) before moving it all up to Beta and possibly a release candidate.

Thanks for all the help guys.

noservices

I have a Classic 150 lite that I installed a couple months ago and was having trouble with ethernet locking up every night so I loaded this firmware turned out not to be the problem the problem was with the Linksys E1000 not renewing the DHCP lease properly the problem went away after setting a static IP on the Classic.  The only issue I noticed is that after loading this firmware within a couple minutes of running all the LED's went to a slow flash. Anybody else out there with a lite load this and see the same thing? If I was to roll back the firmware to see if the LED issue is related what is the latest stable release is it REV 1933?

Vic

Hi noservices,

YES,  1933 appears to be the latest Production Firmware ... from the MidNite Solar site,   "REV 1933 Production for Windows",  is the only FW listed for Windoze.

FWIW,   have no Lite CC here,  and am running the previous Production FW for now.
Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: noservices on April 12, 2015, 01:19:16 PM
I have a Classic 150 lite that I installed a couple months ago and was having trouble with ethernet locking up every night so I loaded this firmware turned out not to be the problem the problem was with the Linksys E1000 not renewing the DHCP lease properly the problem went away after setting a static IP on the Classic.  The only issue I noticed is that after loading this firmware within a couple minutes of running all the LED's went to a slow flash. Anybody else out there with a lite load this and see the same thing? If I was to roll back the firmware to see if the LED issue is related what is the latest stable release is it REV 1933?
What is the LED mode set for ?
Maybe try changing the LED mode to a different one and if that works , go back to the one you want.
Did you try restarting the Classic to see if that fixes the issue ?
Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

noservices

Ok looks like I figured out the LED issue & I don't think it had anything to do with the firmware. I had set all the dip switches to custom about the same time I upgraded the firmware so I put them back to solar mode & 48V & just left the charge setpoints set on custom seems like that was it. I went ahead and downloaded the Rev 1933 firmware and rolled it back to that using the GUI update but it says that I'm at Rev 1923 Network Rev 1839 which I think is what it was with this update. Does the GUI also do the network update or do I have to do that part manually?

Resthome

Quote from: noservices on April 12, 2015, 04:48:19 PM
I went ahead and downloaded the Rev 1933 firmware and rolled it back to that using the GUI update but it says that I'm at Rev 1923 Network Rev 1839 which I think is what it was with this update. Does the GUI also do the network update or do I have to do that part manually?

You are back to the Production firmware. Check the date of the 1923 Classic firmware id S/B  12/18/14  the Alpha firmware was 1/8/15 and the alpha NET was showing 1824.  The Production Net will show 1839 it is updated with the Classic firmware.
John