Common neutral on two different inverters/epanel

Started by SolarMusher, March 18, 2015, 08:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarMusher

Hi all,
I would need a little help to add a Outback vfx3648 to my Magnum AE4448 system.
These two 48V inverters will share the same 830Ah battery bank.
The first one is a magnum 120/240Vac which is actually supplying L1/L2 to its own dedicated electrical panel (main panel).
The second one will be a Outback vfx3648 120Vac only that will supply L1 to another dedicated electrical panel.
Both inverters are mounted on Midnite Epanels and will have a common 48V negative (just like if they were stacked).
There are two options:
#1: Actually, the 240Vac gen input is connected to the magnum Epanel and charges at something around 55Adc. I would like to take advantage of the Outback charger to increase the charge rate to 80Adc.
To do that, I'd need to wire the two Epanel gen input busses to each other with a 120V wire. My main concern is to connect neutrals from Magnum and Outback inverters on the same single bus bar. As said before, each output would be separated and would supply its own dedicated electrical panel.
#2: Forget the Outback charger, use the vfx3648 to supply its own dedicated electrical panel and keep neutrals from both inverters separated.
Neutral/ground bond (x1) is actually in the main electrical panel but I will make it inside the magnum Epanel if these inverters have to share a common neutral.
Questions are:
is that ok to wire all neutrals from both different inverters on the same bus bar?
Do I need to add another Neutral to Ground bond in the Outback Epanel?
Thanks,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

SolarMusher

Problem solved with the precious help from Ryan.
Thanks a lot,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator