Author Topic: Arduino based PWM diversion control system  (Read 10017 times)

WillEert

Re: Arduino based PWM diversion control system
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
I have the car charger working withe the diversion control. You could not do this without the ability of reading and writing from the Classic and getting the WBJr data. The OpenEVSE system uses a command system called RAPI. Here is link to the RAPI code.

https://github.com/OpenEVSE/open_evse/blob/stable/rapi_proc.h

The charger sleeps at night and in the morning, when there is energy available for charging turns itself on at the minimum charge rate. As more energy becomes available for the car it increments the charge rate up and then as less is available decrements the charge rate down.
I am going to lower the baud rate as I have had one instance of a garbled LCD screen that appears to be a baud symtom. Also I would like to read from the EVSE so it feeds back to the diversion control. I have ordered a spare controller unit so I can play with it on the bench.

Attached is the charger code. It is stand alone code that is not integrated with the diversion control to make it easier to understand. The code is a form of energy management system as it chooses wheer to put excess energy not required by the batteries. It is well commented.

Will
24 ET 185 mono, Classic 150,8x Surrette 6CS25p, 3x Magnum 4448, homecooked diversion system
+ 15 Heliene 330 mono, Classic 150

ClassicCrazy

Re: Arduino based PWM diversion control system
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2017, 10:27:15 PM »
That is some cool stuff Will ! You get stuff done .
Now all I need is an EV - ha ha .  I am looking forward to drive via sun.

Larry
system one
Classic 150 , 20 Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system two
Classic 150 ,5s 135 watt Kyocero , 16s Calb 100AH LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system three
Midnite KID MPPT 24 DC in to  12 volt AGM batterie