Classic 250 stays Resting (36: unknown)

Started by jimskau, June 07, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimskau

Hi guys,
Classic 250. 48VDC system.  Line voltage 200V. Battery 51,8V. FET 28,8 C.  BAT 21,6 C.
PCB 36,8 C.
Error code 36 indicates battery temperature exceeds something.
Don't know, tried power up several times. Classic was set up on a12V power supply before installation but had been corrected to 48V via the local status app. Still won't wake up and charge. Any ideas?
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1,8 Kw mixed array, Midnite Classic 150
1 Jack Russel terrier
SmartGauge battery monitor & a hell of a lot of Vines :-)

Resthome

Quote from: jimskau on June 07, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Hi guys,
Classic 250. 48VDC system.  Line voltage 200V. Battery 51,8V. FET 28,8 C.  BAT 21,6 C.
PCB 36,8 C.
Error code 36 indicates battery temperature exceeds something.
Don't know, tried power up several times. Classic was set up on a12V power supply before installation but had been corrected to 48V via the local status app. Still won't wake up and charge. Any ideas?
You didn't say if you where on the latest firmware. There was a setting added for what battery temperature the Classic shuts off at so you might want to check it that setting. I think that the default is very high so probably not your problem.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

jimskau

I did update firmware about a month ago while having the 250 powered up with the 12V power  supply.
Any reset procedure I could do?
Will do another update of firmware.
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1 Jack Russel terrier

Halfcrazy

Yes what you are seeing is the battery temp to hot message. When updating an older classic this can happen. I do believe if you do a factory restore it should go away but if not email Raechel@midnitesolar.com and tell her the Classic was updated and now it thinks the battery is to hot. She can explain how to change that variable.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

jimskau

Blessed are those who can come to the Midnite Forum and get their s*** sorted  ;D

You were right guys! Problem sorted.
1) took the temperature sensor off and the 250 woke up alright.
2) Delved into TEMP menu then MORE and found the battery high temp cut off at 9C!!??
Now 9C is about as low as we get mid winter, after sunset.
3) Put the midnite up to body temp 37C for trials, reinserted the temp sensor.... and Bob's your uncle :-)

Big thank you,

Jim
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1 Jack Russel terrier

jimskau

Well, suppose I'd better report this entry proper to avoid any confusion.

The path into the max bat temp prompt is:

Charge menu - T-COMP - then view.  The menu actually says T-comp set point, so one would think this is only affecting the battery compensation window.
It did, however solve my eternal resting problem.

Jim
Outback VFX 1424
4 x 6CS25p's Rolls
1 Jack Russel terrier