BTS connection "jack" for portable systems.

Started by SolaRevolution, June 18, 2015, 03:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolaRevolution

Is it possible to use an RJ11 jack in line for a MNBTS?

I'm using a KID in a portable power system. The power system needs to easily (plug and play) detach from the battery bank for transportation.  Unfortunately the KID's BTS port is not easily accessible.  Could I splice a jack between the KID and the BTS?

dgd

Yes.
I know someone with a small coffee caravan/cart and when its stored between outings they remove a panel with PVs , inverter and KID for secure storage.  The batteries stay in the outside parked cart. The battery connections are anderson power pole types and the BTS wire has been cut and an RJ11 plug and socket inserted.  Real easy to separate everything.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

SolaRevolution

Thanks for your response.  8)

That's very similar to the system I have in mind.  Though I'm still wondering if the added resistance will affect the readings at all. I suppose I'll check it out.

Halfcrazy

You should be just fine, the resistance you add will be very minimal and there is no current flow to speak of so your idea should work perfect
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time